Accessories and Documentation
The head unit ships to you with the Intel top mounting bracket attached to it, but for those who wish to use this on an AMD CPU, you will need to swap out that bracket for the one seen to the left here. On the right, we have the same Intel universal backplate Asetek coolers have used for a few years now.
The standard set of mounting hardware is also found in this kit. Along with the four nuts which hold the head unit to the standoffs, we also see the AMD standoffs, those for LGA 2011 and LGA 2011-v3, and another set of standoffs for all other Intel socket motherboards.
This set of standoffs is a bit different, and are sent to keep Ryzen users happy, without the wait, as this is the first AIO we have seen come to market with supporting hardware for AM4 right in the box. As for the black bits in front of them, they are wire clips, which are to be used on the fan leads to keep them tidy, and are backed with 3M adhesive pads.
To mount the three 120mm fans, we need twelve long screws, which we can see at the top. If you need to screw the radiator directly to the chassis, there is another set of twelve screws provided, but this time they are much shorter. There is also a set of twelve washers, which are intended to be used with the longer fan screws.
Each of the 120mm Dynamic X2 GP12 PWM fans has a 4-pin PWM connection on it to power them. The frames are black, with rubber inserts at the corners, and the seven blades are white and notched to improve airflow while reducing the noise from each blade chopping through the air.
The literature which ships with the Celsius series of coolers is a three-piece set. The red card is to tell customers that if you did receive a faulty product, contact Fractal Design directly, do not go back to the retail outlet for help. The user guide shows all the parts, it has step-by-step instructions, and even if you have never used an AIO before, case willing, this guide with getting it installed in no time at all. There is also a third inset specific to Ryzen CPUs, where it explains what hardware is needed for that task.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Fractal Design Celsius S36 CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Kevin Smith announces 'He-Man' TV series that continues from the 80's
- ASUS launches RUG Gaming X3 Radeon RX 5700 series graphics cards
- Respawn calls Apex Legends players 'ass-hats' and 'freeloaders'
- Brain stimulation headset will help treat your depression for $500
- Super Mario Bros. The Movie deleted scene released, because why not
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director