Packaging and Overview
The motherboard's box uses the same design and color theme as the rest of ASRock's Fatal1ty lineup. Packaging is the same as well; the motherboard sits in a foam bed inside an anti-static bag.
The accessory package includes an IO shield, two SATA6Gb/s cables, M.2 screws, ASRock case badge, driver DVD, postcard, and manuals.
The motherboard only offers three fan headers, which makes sense given the affordable price of the motherboard. All three headers can work in either DC or PWM mode; you can change the mode in the UEFI.
The motherboard offers a red and black color theme and has some hints of red on its PCB silkscreen. I am surprised that at this price point ASRock decided to offer enthusiast aesthetics and to be perfectly honest, I like the physical design of their VRM heat sinks. The VRMs on these motherboards get warm, and I am glad ASRock decided to cool all of them. The back of the motherboard is super clean and smooth.
The rear IO panel features two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, four USB 3.0 ports, a Gbit NIC, and three audio outputs (microphone, headphone, line-in).
The PCI-E layout is simple; the reinforced slot is x16 PCI-E 3.0 wired to the CPU. The second x16 slot is electrically x4 PCI-E 2.0 and shares its bandwidth with the second M.2 slot. There are also four PCI-E x1 PCI-E 2.0 slots. Two RGB LED headers are located in the upper right-hand corner of the motherboard.
There are two M.2 slots; the top one is wired 32Gb/s to the CPU while the bottom one is wired 20Gb/s to the chipset and shares bandwidth with the second x16 slot.
Under the 24-pin connector are a USB 3.0 internal header and two straight angled SATA6Gb/s ports (wired to an ASMedia controller). Four other SATA6Gb/s ports are angled 90-degrees and wired to the chipset.
There are two internal USB 2.0 headers located to the left of the clear CMOS header. The motherboard has heat sinks over all the VRMs and on the chipset. The VRM heat sinks use pushpins rather than screws, but the PCH heat sink uses screws.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 retails for £79.33 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and AB350 Gaming K4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019