Packaging and Overview
The motherboard's box uses the same design and color theme as the rest of ASRock's Fatal1ty lineup. Packaging is the same as well; the motherboard sits in a foam bed inside an anti-static bag.
The accessory package includes an IO shield, two SATA6Gb/s cables, M.2 screws, ASRock case badge, driver DVD, postcard, and manuals.
The motherboard only offers three fan headers, which makes sense given the affordable price of the motherboard. All three headers can work in either DC or PWM mode; you can change the mode in the UEFI.
The motherboard offers a red and black color theme and has some hints of red on its PCB silkscreen. I am surprised that at this price point ASRock decided to offer enthusiast aesthetics and to be perfectly honest, I like the physical design of their VRM heat sinks. The VRMs on these motherboards get warm, and I am glad ASRock decided to cool all of them. The back of the motherboard is super clean and smooth.
The rear IO panel features two USB 2.0 ports, PS/2 keyboard/mouse, VGA, DVI, HDMI, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, four USB 3.0 ports, a Gbit NIC, and three audio outputs (microphone, headphone, line-in).
The PCI-E layout is simple; the reinforced slot is x16 PCI-E 3.0 wired to the CPU. The second x16 slot is electrically x4 PCI-E 2.0 and shares its bandwidth with the second M.2 slot. There are also four PCI-E x1 PCI-E 2.0 slots. Two RGB LED headers are located in the upper right-hand corner of the motherboard.
There are two M.2 slots; the top one is wired 32Gb/s to the CPU while the bottom one is wired 20Gb/s to the chipset and shares bandwidth with the second x16 slot.
Under the 24-pin connector are a USB 3.0 internal header and two straight angled SATA6Gb/s ports (wired to an ASMedia controller). Four other SATA6Gb/s ports are angled 90-degrees and wired to the chipset.
There are two internal USB 2.0 headers located to the left of the clear CMOS header. The motherboard has heat sinks over all the VRMs and on the chipset. The VRM heat sinks use pushpins rather than screws, but the PCH heat sink uses screws.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and AB350 Gaming K4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox One X update for DOOM teased, will we get 4K or 60FPS?!
- ARK: Survival Evolved tramples over to Nintendo Switch
- NVIDIA's next-gen 4K 144Hz displays to launch in April
- Dragon Ball Legends mobile game revealed
- Division and Hitman devs form new studio Sharkmob
- AMD Ryzen Master Utility Memory Access Mode Greyed Out ASROCK x399
- خدمه عملاء تكييفات باور & 01225025360 _01014723434 & اعطال باور
- ارقام تليفونات صيانه ال جى ( 01014723434 _ 01225025360 ) تكييفات ا
- Buy 5 Pieces Apple iPhone X 64GB New Unlocked $4,245
- NZXT H700i Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit