Here are key points about the ASRock AB350 Gaming K4.
Dual M.2: I was very surprised to find two M.2 slots. One of them being the Ultra M.2 slot supporting up to 32Gb/s routed to the CPU and the second being a 20Gb/s slot routed to the chipset.
Healthy USB 3.0: There are five USB 3.0 type-A on the rear IO and one internal header located below the 24-pin connector. The motherboard also features one USB 3.0 type-C port on the rear IO panel.
Extra SATA6Gb/s: ASRock went ahead and added in an extra ASMedia controller to provide two extra 6Gb/s SATA ports for a total of six.
RGB LED Support: While the motherboard might only have a few LEDs under the chipset heat sink, it does have two RGB LED strip headers at the top of the motherboard, something I didn't expect.
No USB 3.1: It's inevitable that you will lose features as price drops, but USB 3.1 is one integrated into the chipset but not used.
The ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 is one of the least expensive AM4 motherboards I have reviewed, yet it overclocks just like the more expensive motherboards, offers very similar performance, and even aesthetics. While you will have to do with fewer high-end features such as premium audio and USB 3.1, you still get a lot of bang for your buck.
The AB350 Gaming K4 is by all accounts a budget product, and so I will judge it based on its price bracket. I was surprised by its ability to overclock my 1800X to 4Ghz even with its small VRM, and I am happy to report its M.2 and SATA performance are up there with the big boys. If you are looking for a low-cost motherboard to meet your needs, but you still want to have some fun, then take a look at the ASRock AB350 Gaming K4.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||89%|
The Bottom Line: With a hefty serving of features, the ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 offers an elegant Ryzen experience at an affordable price.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 retails for £92.94 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and AB350 Gaming K4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock AB350 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Uber updates app with 'Live Location' functionality
- Publishers should raise game prices, says analyst
- GIVEAWAY: OCZ TR200 3D BiCS FLASH SSDs thanks to Toshiba
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ