Packaging and Overview
The motherboard's box is quite simple, just like the motherboard itself. Packaging is decent and should ensure your motherboard arrives unharmed.
The accessory package includes two SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, manuals, and driver DVD.
MSI offers five fan headers, all of which can work in either DC or PWM mode. However, the two headers circled in red are in PWM mode by default, while the three circled in blue are in DC mode by default. If you plug in a DC mode fan into a PWM mode header, it will run 100%, so you will need to go into the UEFI and correctly tune it.
The X370 SLI PLUS is part of MSI's Pro Series of motherboards, and as such takes a no-nonsense approach to aesthetic design. There are very limited onboard LEDs, just some that illuminate the audio sections physical isolation. There is a single RGB LED header on the board and no OC features. The black and white color theme is a very popular one and is one reason this motherboard is so popular. The back of the PCB is bare of components, except for four quick switches and a driver for the SOC voltage plane for the CPU.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, two USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, HDMI, DVI, Gbit LAN, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, and 7.1 audio outputs.
The PCI-E layout is straightforward; the first and second PCI-E x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. The last slot is wired to the X370 chipset but shares x4 PCI-E 2.0 bandwidth with the three PCI-E 2.0 x1 slots. Six SATA6Gb/s ports are right angled and to their right is a right angled USB 3.0 internal header.
A single 32Gb/s M.2 slot is located between the first and second PCI-E x16 slots. In the lower right corner of the motherboard is a second USB 3.0 internal header, and to its right are your front panel case headers.
The motherboard offers two USB 2.0 internal headers to the left of an LPT port header. The motherboard features a single RGB LED strip header next to a COM port header and your HD audio header.
Surprisingly, the heat sinks and shields are screwed onto the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 SLI PLUS Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 SLI PLUS Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 SLI PLUS Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Razer release two new headsets to the Hammerhead range
- EVGA reveal the DG-7 mid-tower gaming PC case range
- GIGABYTE announces Aorus K9 optical switch gaming keyboard
- Samsung might have accidentally teased foldable Galaxy X
- Uber taps Volvo, adds 24,000 self-driving cars to its gang
- Mean:It 5PM ARC Blue Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- Intel 15.X series Raid Rom compatible with X99??
- Intel Optane SSD 900P 280GB & 480GB AIC NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ