In The Box
As noted above, this particular model of power supply is being marketed as an "All-In-One" type unit. This means that you're pretty safe when using this model regardless of the system you'll be building. Whether you're using ATX or BTX, the unit will be compatible. The unit even boasts compatibility with EPS12V server systems. Add to this things like 24-pin native power coupler, SATA power leads as well as dual PCI-E connections and you have something that fits well into their chosen category.
Once you crack the seal, you will be greeted with the normal accoutrements you would expect to see, namely the power supply, a new power cord and a small installation manual. So let's take a closer peek at what we have to work with.
The power supply is a dual fan unit to help out with heat dissipation. While I still don't recommend counting on a power supply for case cooling, the dual fan design will assure you quiet operation and the removal of at least some of the heated air from within the enclosure.
A closer look at the rear panel of the power supply also shows something to allow for some flexibility in your noise levels. Though the noise produced by this PSU is not high at all, the folks at Enermax have included a small rheostat knob next to the fan that allows you to manually adjust fan speeds. This can be used to keep things even quieter, or alternatively, it can be used to crank up the fan speed to added airflow.
Also present are the power connection, an On/Off switch and an adjustment for 115 or 230v power requirements.
Moving to the other end of the unit brings us to the available power connections we have available to work with. Included in this array is a 24-pin main power coupler, a 4-pin supplemental power block, 7 Molex connectors, 4 SATA connectors, 2 PCI-E blocks, 2 FDD connectors and a 3-pin fan monitor that can be hooked up to one of the motherboard fan headers. Those with newer systems will be happy to note the native 24-pin power coupling as many power supplies with a 20-pin to 24-pin converter don't work well.
While we look to have covered all the main areas we would want in this setup, there is something else that we need to look at...
Generally when we look at the area of the power supply where the cabling exits the base, we see a small plastic grommet. The only goal of this little piece of plastic is to keep the metal edge from wearing through the coating of the wiring harness, keeping electrical shorts to a minimum. Enermax has gone a step further and not only offers protection from the metal edge but also offers EMI shielding. For those new to the concept of electronic devices, EMI is an acronym for ElectroMagnetic Interference. This shielding will ensure a cleaner supply of juice to the critical components in your system. A very nice touch here.
Finally, we get a couple of freebies out of the deal as well. It's a given that the items will have advertising logos, but its entertaining to get some goodies when you make your purchase. In this case we found a blue cloth carry bag and a lanyard for holding keys, ID card, or whatever you need.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Cliffy B is done making games
- Devil May Cry TV show coming to Netflix
- Sony skips E3 2019 for PlayStation-centric showcase
- Take home The Crown in our Blu-ray giveaway!
- Digital-only Xbox One coming in 2019
- Z77-D3H MB and bizzare boot issue
- HyperX Gaming microSD 128GB Review
- FS:[20Pieces] Apple iPhone XR.Xs.Xs Max 64/256/512GB.$8,980
- Vital Progenix
- ASUS PRIME B450M-A/CSM AM4 with AMD RYZEN 5 2600 CPU will only boot Windows after reset
- Kolumno is now available on PC, mobile and Smart TVs
- Wolfalone Studio announces Darwin's Test!
- World's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale NowWorld's Top PUBG MOBILE Players Head to Dubai For PUBG MOBILE 'STAR CHALLENGE' Global Finals, Tickets On Sale Now
- Nexon Secures Global Publishing Rights For Pokelabo, Square Enix-Developed SinoAlice
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions