Case Build & Finished Product
Without a drive bay breaking through the front of the Steelwing, there is no way to detract from the looks of it. We have made sure to remove the sticker from the left side, and we could have changed the fan behind the bezel, removing that glow of red through the fan blades.
Once everything is installed, we placed the glass panel back on the left side, and are afforded a great view of all of our components. Our Micro-ATX motherboard fit, and complicated using the H80i. A Mini-ITX motherboard would have worked better for this, but the PSU we have works well without blocking much of the view, and the video card clears the drive tray at the bottom by quite a bit to allow it to breathe.
As always, we did fit a dust shield into the back of the Steelwing too and found no issues or complications there. The PSU slid into place without any hassle, but keep in mind it can complicate CPU air cooling choices. As to the video card, we did not have to flex the chassis to align the screws, and with access from the outside, there is no problem getting a screwdriver to line up with them either.
Replacing the right side of the Steelwing is simple too. With nothing behind it to complicate returning this bright colored panel, all we had to do was align the holes and insert the thumbscrews to lock it back onto the chassis.
From just a bit of distance between you and the Steelwing, the tint in the glass does cut down on what can be seen from this angle. Still, though, the Enermax Steelwing is a slick looking chassis designed with airflow and sophisticated style in mind, and it hits on both points.
Powering the Steelwing does require the cable to reach the top of the chassis, but with the open design of the Steelwing, the blue LED glow under the power switch illuminates the inside of the frame, the button, and even the front of the chassis and the nearest fin.
There is more of a LED light show if you move to a head-on approach to the Steelwing. Behind the fins, behind the steel mesh, the red LEDs glow through as they encircle the frame of the fan. They are much brighter than they appear in this image in real life, glowing onto the fins outside of the chassis, but out lighting has killed the effect here.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Enermax Steelwing Premium Aluminum Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Enermax Steelwing Premium Aluminum Chassis retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax Steelwing Micro-ATX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Steelwing]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- The Joker director hints at sequel 'I would do anything with Joaquin'
- GameStop lays off 120 staff members, 14% off total staff eliminated
- Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord sticks a landing on Steam, March 2020
- The One Punch Man game forces players to stall until Saitama arrives
- World's first real-world quantum network built with brand new protocol
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- Pengo USB-C Dock Review
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev. 1.3 F12 to UEFI
- Yubico Launches the World's First Lightning-Compatible Security Key, the YubiKey 5Ci
- Monkey King: Hero Is Back Pre-Orders Now Open on Steam
- Lionsgate and Bloober Team Release New Blair Witch 'Insanity' Story Trailer
- PINBRAWLER CREATURE IN THE WELL PRE-ORDERS NOW LIVE GAME LAUNCHES SEPTEMBER 6
- NEW DATING SIM GAME ANNOUNCED: NOW WITH 100% MORE DOGS You'll want to get your paws on this one On Valentine's Day, 2020