Enermax Steelwing Micro-ATX Chassis
The front of the Steelwing is near industrial looking with the seven fins on the right next to the red side panel, and the left side made of aluminum as well, to offer room for the I/O panel and a sticker to be placed. The sticker Enermax placed on the front is easily removable, but is one last chance for them to point out the tempered glass side, the full aluminum craftsmanship, liquid cooling support, and the use of a circular LED fan which is almost visible through the steel mesh.
The front I/O is placed higher up on the front panel for easy access, and it starts off with a metal power button which uses a mix of blackened metal and exposed ring and power icon to allow it to stand out a bit. Under the button, we find the pair of USB 3.0 ports, and below those, we can see the pair of 3.5mm jacks for the headphones and microphone.
The fins as well as the thicker side strip curve gracefully over the top and extend back a few inches before coming to an end. The top panel drops down a bit and has a rectangular mesh area for passive ventilation, and then raises a bit as it makes its way to the curve around to the back of the chassis.
The entire left side of the chassis is covered with a slightly tinted, tempered glass side. This 3mm thick glass is held into place with four thumbscrews, and the glass follows the chassis shape, but is larger than the frame that supports it. We also find that the Steelwing name has been etched into the lower right-hand corner of the glass.
At the back of the Steelwing, we can see Enermax strays from the typical layout with this chassis. The rear I/O is at the top, but rather than a fan next to it, Enermax makes room for the SFX PSU to mount there, with passive venting slots between them. At the bottom, we then find the three expansion slots, which are accessed from outside of the chassis.
This is not a trick with the lighting; the pinkish hue is the way the red anodization appears when done on top of natural aluminum, working much like a candy paint job. Four thumbscrews keep this panel attached to the chassis, and we can also see the Enermax name carved into it, right across the middle of it.
Under the Steelwing, we see that the panel is nearly solid except for a few holes. The entire chassis is screwed together as we see at the front and the back, and while the feet at the front are narrow in placement and wide at the back, this chassis is stable and stands on sound footing.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Enermax Steelwing Premium Aluminum Chassis retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Enermax Steelwing Premium Aluminum Chassis retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Enermax Steelwing Micro-ATX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Steelwing]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Resident Evil 2 Remake demo impressions
- Ghostbusters 3 set for Summer 2020, teaser trailer released
- EA cancelled new Star Wars game to work on smaller project
- Far Cry New Dawn official PC requirements released
- 2K and NBA to smooth over $1b rights extension deal
- HP EX950 SSD Review - When you want the fastest
- Pcie M.2 NVMe (1100mb/s as storage, 400mb/s in os)
- DC: Aquaman Cinema Review
- ADATA SX8200 Pro 256GB NVMe SSD Review
- Problem with RAM Overclock
- Nokia's Service Operations Center powers Telefonica UK's drive towards customer-centric operations
- Black Desert Online's Battle Royale mode enters Early Access today
- Roblox hires British online safety expert Laura Higgins to lead new digital civility initiative
- HyperX Announces 2019 We're All Gamers Ad Campaign Including Celebrity Influencers Post Malone, Gordon Hayward, Joel Embiid, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Pokimane, Shroud, Daigo, De'Aaron Fox and Rush
- Macrotis: A Mother's Journey Releases this upcoming February 8th!