Here are key points about the Raptor Z55 gaming PC.
Overclocked 7700K with GTX 1080: The Velocity Micro Raptor Z55 tops our charts, and what allows it to attain this is its overclocked Intel Core i7 7700K. They did a nice job of configuring the overclock in the BIOS, and while they could have turned the knobs slightly higher, they decided not to for the sake of longevity. The Raptor Z55 is powerful enough to handle AAA titles, most at 4K. It should also be well suited to run the latest VR games with ease.
Customized Chassis: The beautifully brushed aluminum exterior and well designed and durable interior combine to produce one awesome chassis. Let's not forget the custom hinge which holds the AIO's radiators in place and allows for easy access and maintenance. I also like how the USB and other front panel ports are at the top of the case, so when it's on the ground, you have easy access. Everything from the tool-less HDD cage to the slightly raised fan vents shows Velocity Micro's dedicated attention to detail.
Top-Shelf Components: The Raptor Z55 uses the latest top-shelf components on the market, and doesn't cheap out in any area. Everything from the 7700K CPU, GTX 1080 GPU, to the ASUS motherboard are cutting edge. Many vendors wait for a generation to get the cheaper discontinued parts, but Velocity Micro has ensured that the system has the latest parts. We also shouldn't forget it also incorporates the blazing fast Samsung 960 Pro.
Warranty and Support: Velocity Micro guarantees US based support, including phone support. I also liked the attached setup guide on the side of the PC, especially because it points out not to plug your display into the motherboard but rather into the GPU. While the system comes with a 1-year parts and labor warranty, you can upgrade this to 3-years.
Not the Quietest: High performance doesn't always go hand in hand with silence. The Raptor Z55 has many fans, and they run on aggressive profiles. The good news is that you can tune these through the UEFI, or if you choose, you can install ASUS's fan control program in Windows.
The Velocity Micro Raptor Z55 is the epitome of a high-performance gaming PC, and to be honest; I am proud that this PC comes from the USA. Velocity Micro's attention to detail is evident throughout the PC. From the way the wiring is routed around and through the motherboard, to the way the case is custom designed with slightly raised vents and a custom radiator hinge I was impressed by the look and feel of the system.
The Raptor Z55 is overclocked, but I was surprised they didn't push it further. While overclocking the GPU without bloatware is almost impossible (other than factory OC), they could have set the memory to XMP and pushed the CPU up to 5GHz without too much fuss. Regardless, the system is one of the most powerful I have ever tested, and one of the best looking. I would have ordered it without the blue LEDs in the fans, but I can see the appeal of the lighting. If you are looking for a solid gaming PC with the latest in computer hardware tuned and constructed with dedication, give the Velocity Micro Raptor Z55 a look.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||96%|
The Bottom Line: Solid construction and elegant looks aren't the only things the Velocity Micro Raptor Z55 has to offer. It's also one of the fastest gaming PCs we have ever tested.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Velocity Micro Raptor Z55 VR Ready Gaming PC w/Intel Core i7-9700k, 32GB RAM, 500GB SSD + 3TB HDD, 8GB NVIDIA GTX 2070, Windows 10 - Best VR Gaming Desktop PC retails for $2499.00 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the Raptor Z55]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
- As a company, design our systems for the most demanding performance attainable, but it's also our obligation to give our customers the perfect balance of speed and reliability. We can certainly OC this system more, but as a brand, we have to be mindful of that balance between stability and extreme performance for our unique customer experience. Likewise our fan profiles are adjustable to suit any situation or need. We always leave the customer with the option to push even harder than our factory levels if he/she chooses, while providing a robust overall design to handle it with a high degree of reliability. We're very pleased to see that American craftsmanship counts for something and are also proud that our product comes from the USA too!
Latest News Posts
- Halo 6 creative director leaves, should we be concerned?
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director