Packaging and System
The very heavy NSG-S0 came in a very large protective case. The concept is an open air PC, after all, there needs to be some airflow, and without fans, you are left with natural airflow. The case/chassis is similar to that of ThermalTake's Core series. However, this chassis is totally custom made and has two large sections which house radiators for the GPU and CPU cooling systems. The rear also features a vent, so the PSU gets some airflow.
Our unit is a prototype and has been showcased around the globe, so yours will be significantly cleaner. The bottom of the unit features four gripping pads. The top of the unit features open air radiator fins.
The right side of the unit features more radiator fins, power button, reset button, two USB 3.0 ports, and two USB 2.0 ports. The left of the unit features more radiator fins and the PSU's AC power plug.
The CPU block is screwed into place, just like a water block. The GPU's block is also mounted in the same way.
Interestingly enough, Calyos has used some type of metallic foam to act as a heat sink for the GPU memory and VRM. Each block (on the CPU and GPU cores) moves around the phase change liquid through two flexible tubes. The larger one moves heat to the radiator, and the smaller one brings back cooled down phase change liquid.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and System]
- Page 3 [Teardown of the NSG-S0]
- Page 4 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 5 [Test Setup and Benchmarks]
- Page 6 [Temperature and Power Consumption]
- Page 7 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- If Anthem's cosmetics fail, paid expansions are likely
- The Divison 2 story sets U.S. capital aflame with chaos
- Lords of the Fallen devs open indie publishing label
- JUMP FORCE leaks images of Dragon Quest and JoJo Characters
- Steam discounts Mortal Kombat franchise, up to 75% off
- best 470 board for Windows 7?????????
- Can't connect to my Wifi network
- Need advice and build help
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Customers Ask and Canon Delivers: New Professional Print & Layout Solution Now Available for Commercial, In-house and Professional Photographers
- OPPO Unveiled 10x Lossless Zoom, Ahead of Its Debut at MWC 2019
- True Flip Reveals Crypto-Themed Mining Factory With Plasmatron Bonus
- Stardock Announces a New Expansion for Galactic Civilizations III - Galactic Civilizations III: Retribution
- Cyberpunk Action-RPG Disjunction Coming to Steam Summer 2019