DOOM & Battlefield 1
We have not had the Pulsefire FPS all that long, but it has opened our eyes a bit when it comes to professional gamers. HyperX claims that most of the eSports competitors use mice with one of the four DPI levels that this mouse offers. While the accuracy in both DOOM and Battlefield 1 went up, we realized just how much lifting is going on in the professional realm. While we had no issues with the polling rate or limitations imposed with customization for our games, we are happy to see that HyperX set the LOD nearly perfect. Only in a few instances did the crosshairs wander when we had to lift this Pulsefire FPS, and as much as we had to lift it during gameplay, we feel that you will never find yourself chasing the cursor to keep locked onto your opponents.
This also brings up the grips on the sides. As the weather is starting to get warmer, we tend to sweat more after a few hours killing things, and not once did we lose our grip on the mouse, but there is a slight downside. While the grip is superior to many we have seen before; the rubber is so soft, that anything that touches it will leave a print, and one could end up spending too much time having to clean them after gross things like dead skin and leftover Cheetos bits end up embedded in the grips. This design is also good for those with medium to large hands, and those who use a relaxed or fingertip grip will find the Pulsefire to be a near natural fit from the moment you plug it in.
Windows and Productivity
Using the Pulsefire in a browsing sense, we only have an issue with the scroll wheel. While it is built for gaming and is highly segmented, it does not free-wheel as easy as some of the others. On long pages of text or viewing PDFs, we did have to scroll what seemed like more than usual. While many use games to test things like angle snapping, we prefer to use PhotoShop for this, as we are looking for the mouse to do exactly what we need it to.
We found that with many images being edited, the cursor followed our movements to the slightest jiggle, and simplifies life due to the lack of acceleration. The shape is comfortable and easy to associate your right hand in the dark, and the LEDs, while stuck to red only, is pleasing to look at when you are typing away.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging, Accessories, and Documentation]
- Page 3 [HyperX Pulsefire FPS Gaming Mouse]
- Page 4 [Inside the Pulsefire FPS]
- Page 5 [HyperX FURY S Pro Gaming Mouse Pad]
- Page 6 [Gaming and General Impressions]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 'Fortuna' update brings Warframe new concurrent gamer high
- Game of the Year 2018 nominees: 6 games worth playing
- Insomniac release Spider-Man DLC 2 trailer 'Turf Wars'
- Nintendo Black Friday Sales: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & More
- NVIDIA's new GeForce Game Ready 416.94 drivers released
- ASRock DeskMini 310 SFF PC Review
- Q87m-e/csm & ddr3 1600 ram
- Intel Core i9-9980XE Extreme Edition Review
- Convert MBOX File Format to PST Format
- OLM to PST Converter
- 'Ring of Elysium' launches three-tier security system
- eZuce Vibe is Powered by Oracle Cloud and Now Available in the Oracle Cloud Marketplace
- GlobalSign Launches Global Partner Program to Advance Enterprise Growth
- ADAMA and Pessl Instruments Signed Agreement for Global Partnership
- TYAN Showcases HPC, Storage and Cloud Server Platforms