Specifications of the Western Digital Caviar SE
Let's take a quick look at the drive specifications before taking a closer look at the drive.
Rotational Speed: 7,200 RPM (nominal)
Buffer Size: 8 MB
Average Latency: 4.20 ms (nominal)
Read Seek Time: 8.9 ms
Track-To-Track Seek Time: 2.0 ms (average)
Full Stroke Seek: 21.0 ms (average)
Buffer To Host (Serial ATA): 300 MB/s (Max)
Buffer To Disk: 748 Mbits/s (Max)
Formatted Capacity: 250,059 MB
Capacity: 250 GB
Interface: SATA 300 MB/s
Bytes Per Sector: 512
User Sectors Per Drive: 488,397,168
Servo Type: Embedded
Height: 26.1 mm (Max)
Length: 147 mm (Max)
Width: 101.6 mm
Weight: 0.6 kg (+/- .082 kg)
Pretty standard specifications except for the 300MB/s transfer speeds but will it make a difference in the real-world?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and HD Tach]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Google hires ex PlayStation and Xbox executive Phil Harrison
- Dragon Ball FighterZ gets launch trailer days before release
- Rust will leave Steam Early Access on February 8
- Far Cry 5 official PC system requirements revealed
- Father of Sonic joins Square Enix to work on new game
- Spectre Bios Updates
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series