Specifications of the Western Digital Caviar SE
Let's take a quick look at the drive specifications before taking a closer look at the drive.
Rotational Speed: 7,200 RPM (nominal)
Buffer Size: 8 MB
Average Latency: 4.20 ms (nominal)
Read Seek Time: 8.9 ms
Track-To-Track Seek Time: 2.0 ms (average)
Full Stroke Seek: 21.0 ms (average)
Buffer To Host (Serial ATA): 300 MB/s (Max)
Buffer To Disk: 748 Mbits/s (Max)
Formatted Capacity: 250,059 MB
Capacity: 250 GB
Interface: SATA 300 MB/s
Bytes Per Sector: 512
User Sectors Per Drive: 488,397,168
Servo Type: Embedded
Height: 26.1 mm (Max)
Length: 147 mm (Max)
Width: 101.6 mm
Weight: 0.6 kg (+/- .082 kg)
Pretty standard specifications except for the 300MB/s transfer speeds but will it make a difference in the real-world?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and HD Tach]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Why EA closed Visceral and recycled its Star Wars game
- Team Fortress 2 blends with Jurassic Park in new update
- Zelda: Breath of the Wild compared on Switch and PC @ 4K
- Qualcomm unveils its new Snapdragon 636 processor
- Analogue's Super Nt will play every SNES game at 1080p
- ASUS Battery Health Charging - windows 10 
- EK Fluid Gaming: Water-Cooled Gaming PC Build Guide
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz