Inside the EVOLV MATX Continued
The top side of the PSU cover is ventilated for dual GPU setups so that the cards do not starve and overheat. The side of the cover offers a Phanteks name plate on it, and at the back, there is a large section missing. The idea here is to show the PSU used, but still, block the view of wiring and HDDs.
The back of the Evolv MATX is where the second fan is located, and both fans are powered via a 3-pin fan connection. The expansion slots are accessed internally and use thumbscrews to secure the covers and expansion cards.
The front I/O wires are already tended to as they run through the hook and loop straps, which are also intended to hold onto the PSU wires. We also see the pair of removable trays just under the CPU cooler access hole, which is there for 2.5" drives, and can be seen through the panel that covers this side.
At the front of the case, under the PSU cover, there are two HDD bays, which are also drilled to accept 2.5" drives. The steel cages on either side can be unscrewed at the top and bottom of them, and removed, delivering an area to support additional water cooling bits.
The PSU is to be slid into the bottom of the case from this side, and it will rest of four rubber pads stuck to the floor of the chassis. Space here is somewhat limited, so if you plan to use a longer PSU, you may have to remove the HDD cage to do so.
The chassis wires are all black in color, and there are a few to be found. The standards are there for the power button, the HDD activity, USB 3.0 and HD Audio, but there are a few more to discuss too. Since this chassis is RGB, there is a SATA power connection to power the LEDs, there is a 4-pin to connect the optional LED light strips to, and another 4-pin connection that will connect to the motherboard for color matching of the board to the chassis.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- New Obi-Wan Star Wars show coming on Disney+, Ewan McGregor to star
- Epic Games Store is changing for the better
- Destiny 2's crunch will help streamline Destiny 3
- RNGesus blesses Destiny 2 with new expansive Armor 2.0 update
- Choosing a VPN for gaming: Here's what you need to know
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director