Z270GT8 Circuit Analysis Continued
BIOSTAR is using the Realtek ALC1220 with two sense amplifiers and a few Chemi-Con audio grade capacitors. The PCB is also physically isolated to protect the audio output channels from interference from the rest of the motherboard.
Intel's i219v PHY is used to compliment the integrated MAC in the PCH to produce a 1Gbit Intel NIC. Biostar also implemented SUPER LAN anti-ESD/surge protection for the NIC. ASMedia's ASM2142 USB 3.1 controller is used to provide the USB 3.1 type-C and type-A ports on the rear IO panel. ASMedia's ASM1543 controls the type-C port.
HDMI 2.0 isn't native to the platform, so Biostar uses a Mega Chips MCDP2800BB HDMI 2.0 chip to provide HDMI 2.0. An ELAN eKTF58832 controls the touch panel, and I believe it also controls the RGB LED capabilities of the motherboard.
An ASMedia ASM1061 produces two extra SATA6Gb/s ports. Biostar's Lightning Charger capability actually requires the implementation of extra hardware. Two AX3116 offer the USB 3.0 header the ability to charge devices at 12v/1.5A (QC2.0), 5v/2.4A (Apple), and BC 1.2.
I was surprised to find two ASMedia ASM1464 re-drivers that improve M.2 signal quality. Two USB re-drivers are used for the Lightning Charger USB 3.0 internal header so that signal quality is solid even with longer USB 3.0 cables.
An IDT6V41542NLG clock buffer is used to improve BCLK overclocking margins. The main SuperIO is the ITE IT8625E, which offers PS/2, HW monitoring, and fan control.
The motherboard utilizes six ASM1480 to switch around the CPU's PCI-E bandwidth, and more than eight others to switch around U.2 and PCI-E bandwidth from the PCH.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270GT8 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z270GT8 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z270GT8 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Microsoft isn't supportive of Japanese games, says NIS
- Over 322,000 cheaters have been caught in Battlegrounds
- BIOSTAR reveal their flagship RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- Logitech release the ASTRO A20 Wireless Headset
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- GIGABYTE Z370 AORUS Gaming 7 Motherboard Review
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz