Here are key points about the BIOSTAR Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac.
VRM Is Super Strong: It looks like X370's launch has spilled over to the Intel side of things for Biostar. To be able to use parts like the IR35201 digital PWM and IR3555M PowIRstages, you have to source them, and it only makes sense to source them in bulk. Because of Ryzen's higher power requirements and Biostar's dedication, it seems that they were able to source enough for both series of motherboards. While the IR parts are great on Ryzen, they are even more impressive on Kaby Lake, and it shows in thermal testing.
Dual U.2: The motherboard has two U.2 slots, and while they share bandwidth each with two of the PCI-E x16 (electrically x4) slots, it's still convenient to have the option to choose.
Triple X4 PCI-E 3.0 Slots: The PCH outputs a lot of bandwidth to three x16 (electrically x4) PCI-E 3.0 slots. The presence of the slots allows you to customize your storage and expansion needs as you see fit.
RGB LED Lighting: The RGB LED lighting is gorgeous on the Z270GT8. It is even more beautiful than the Z170GT7 I fell in love with. I like the lighting panels on the VRM heat sinks, but also the lighting below the slits on the IO/audio shield and that of the PCH. Although I could have done without the branding.
Fan Headers Only PWM: While PWM fans are great, not all fans are PWM fans. Since all the fan headers are PWM only, voltage mode fans will run full speed when plugged in, so you are limited to using 4-pin fans if you want to control them.
The BIOSTAR Z270GT8 is a premium Z270 motherboard from Biostar. It is loaded with high-quality components, a solid feature set, and surprisingly delicious aesthetics. Other vendors should purchase Biostar's GT8 if they want to learn how to properly diffuse RGB LEDs and offer totally customizable heat sink colors as a feature. Biostar also did a few things I admire regarding attention to detail. They added the proper re-drivers for their internal Lightning Charger USB header and M.2 slot. They also added per port PWM controllers to offer 12v/1.5A or 5v/2.4A USB based charging on the blue internal USB 3.0 header.
BIOSTAR's Z270GT8 has impressed me in ways that their Z270GT6 did not, but it costs a lot more. At $329 it's priced as a premium motherboard, finally positioning Biostar in the premium motherboard market. The motherboard could use some enhancements when it comes to memory overclocking, but overall, you should be fine as long as you stay around 3200MHz. I liked many the features and offerings of the motherboard. The Z270GT8 is a high performance and high-quality motherboard designed to impress both inside and out.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: BIOSTAR is raising the bar with premium quality components, high-end features, and drop dead aesthetics, but your wallet will take a hit.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270GT8 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR Z270GT8 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR Z270GT8 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Epic Store gives away free games every two weeks
- Next-gen Xbox Scarlett development kit is called 'Anaconda'
- Detroit: Become Human sells 2 million+ units since May 2018
- Project Stream testers get free copy of AC: Odyssey
- Google's Project Stream is the future of gaming
- accentuate redress
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire