NVIDIA provides the best consumer graphics card you can buy with its stock GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, but ZOTAC uses a custom PCB, one of the best cooling solutions made for a graphics card, and overclocks to both the GPU and GDDR5X RAM.
It really is the best of both worlds, as ZOTAC is one of the best AIB partners for NVIDIA when it comes to high-end graphics cards.
ZOTAC spends considerable time on the design of the card, with the company touting that the card is "significantly tuned to achieve supercar-like performance and thoroughly tested for system stability in the hardest of environments."
SPECTRA has been upgraded on the new GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition, with new lighting modes and a much wider color spectrum that can be tuned from ZOTAC's own FireStorm software. There are now three different color zones that light up, which look awesome in dark environments. Each of them can be controlled individually through FireStorm, too.
ZOTAC has a specific design with its AMP! graphics cards and I'm really digging it. Not so much with the now-forced 'GEFORCE GTX' branding at the top.
When it comes to cooling, ZOTAC is king - at 2GHz and 12GHz for the GPU and GDDR5X, respectively - our card was hitting 67C maximum with the fans barely making any noise at all.
This is all thanks to ZOTAC's cooling technology, IceStorm.
When the GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition is idle, or in low GPU usage - the fans won't turn on thanks to ZOTAC's Freeze technology.
Another area where ZOTAC spends engineering brain time is on the custom PCB and power delivery on the GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition, with their Power Boost technology - a control chip on the board itself which provides live electrical current regulation and instant electrical deviation responses.
It's an impressive piece of technology, which also reduces ripple noise, minimizes power fluctuation, and has a high-temperature tolerance. This lets you enjoy piece of mind, as your ZOTAC GeForce GTX 1080 Ti AMP! Extreme Edition will last longer, especially with those constant games you'll be playing, right?
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction & Specs]
- Page 2 [Cooling Tech]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs & Benchmark Details]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - 5K]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - 8K]
- Page 12 [Temps, Power & Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Denuvo DRM is coming to mobile phone games
- Capcom preps you for Iceborne with this helpful infographic
- Ubisoft to invest in new IPs and ramp up game dev teams
- Switch Lite vs normal Switch in side-by-side comparison
- Farming Simulator 20 begins harvesting the Nintendo Switch in Q4 2019
- TRENDnet USB-C 2.5Gbe Network Adapter Review
- Mushkin Pilot-E NVMe M.2 SSD Review
- Team Group T-Force Cardea Liquid M.2 SSD Review
- Synology DS620slim Six-Bay SFF NAS Review
- LaCie Rugged RAID Shuttle Review
- FSP Unveils FlexGURU 250W and 300W Modular Power Supplies New PSUs are perfect for IPC, NAS, HTPC and edge computing
- Gameforge Opens Pre-Orders and Announces November Release for the Highly Anticipated Kingdom Under Fire 2
- Philips Brings Precision Computer Peripherals to US
- KORN Battle Concert is Now Live in AdventureQuest 3D!
- NEC: Industrial Internet Consortium Approves Testbed of Negotiation Automation Platform for coordinating interests among AI systems