Inside the 509
The bezel utilizes tabs along the side of the steel frame to lock it into place, and we can see tabs on the bay cover for easy removal of that as well. The front of the case offers a white plastic section which is how the logo glows with LED lighting, and there is also a full-length dust filter for the intake fans.
The first look inside of the 509 shows us that this is laid out differently than many other options out there. The wiring is tied tight to the motherboard tray, and as for the hardware, you will locate a thick plastic bag with the manual and goodies, floating freely outside of the chassis once you open the box.
At the front of the 509, all the way at the top, we find the 5.25" bay which requires screws to mount a drive or various devices. The back half of the bay is cut short to allow tubing and wiring ease of access, and we also see the front I/O wiring entering the interior just below the bay.
Outside the realm of cooling options, we find a removable drive tray mounted to the support rail and is made to allow the mounting of a 2.5" drive. Off to the left of the gray support rail, we find a trio of trays in a cage, and this is the EZ-Swap section, and it is removable if needed.
Rather than offering room for fans and possibly a radiator at the top of the 509, In Win opted to install a pair of 3.5" drive trays. These, just like the EZ-Swap bays, will also accept 2.5" drives.
The motherboard tray is not marked for the standoffs, but there are wire pass-through holes above it, three to the right of it, and a pair below it. The slots to the right that you see above the HDD cage are there for GPU support installation, but could also be used to rig up a reservoir too.
If you leave the EZ-Swap drives in place, it restricts the amount of room for the PSU and will complicate connections on modular PSUs. To support the PSU, there is a tab in the motherboard tray which matches the height of the rail found nearest the outside edge.
There is not much going on at the back of the 509. There is not a fan anywhere in the chassis, and the eight expansion slot covers are gray to match the internal frame and use thumbscrews for mounting.
Behind the motherboard tray, there is plenty of room for wires, but we do find a lack of tie points in this chassis. At the left, there is a trio of drive trays to support 2.5" drives, but if you look closely, there are also holes to allow for fan and radiator support there as well.
The front I/O wiring is longer than what we see in many cases, so getting them to reach inside of the case is of no concern. There are leads for the HDD LED, the power switch and the reset button, three SATA cables from the EZ-Swap bays, a 4-pin RGB LED controller cable, the HD Audio cable, and a pair of USB 3.0 cables; all black to blend in.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The In Win 509 Full-Tower Chassis retails for $ at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The In Win 509 Big-Tower – schwarz/grau retails for £167.87 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [In Win 509 Full-Tower Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the 509]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayStation CEO says Sony has an eye on multiplayer/co-op
- Netflix pull future 'The Punisher' & 'Jessica Jones' seasons
- Nintendo to 'revive' a 'very officially cancelled' game
- PlayStation VR changes will be 'dramatic' over next 10 years
- Apple rumored to be working on 31.6-inch 6K display
- Best reminder app
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Z77X-UD5H Bios Issue When Setting CPU Multiplier Above 44
- Resident Evil 2 Remake Review: Fright Night
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Explore a World of Ancient Chinese Mythology!
- BANDAI NAMCO Entertainment America's Post EVO Japan Fighting Game News Round-up
- Million Arthur: Arcana Blood Coming To Steam This Summer
- Rising Lords announces alpha launch via new trailer
- Zombie-Veggie Shooter, The Walking Vegetables Radical! Edition Coming Soon to PS4!