Packaging and Overview
BIOSTAR's bundle and packaging are identical to that of their Z270 motherboards. It feels high-end, and the motherboard is well protected from the elements.
The accessory package includes four SATA 6Gb/s cables, IO shield, a 240GB M.2 drive (ours came installed on the motherboard), driver DVD, and manuals.
BIOSTAR offers five fan headers on this motherboard, but they all seem to be limited to PWM-only operation. That means that 3-pin DC mode fans will run full speed. The motherboard's black aesthetic makes it perfect for those who want a color neutral theme so that they can pick their own color. BIOSTAR has done an excellent job in the past with diffusing the light from their RGB LEDs so that the white panels actually turn a color rather than reflect light. Their diffusion is top notch, and in my opinion, the best RGB LED diffusion around. I am not a fan of writing their marketing terms on the shield and PCH heat sink, but at least it's done tastefully. The back of the motherboard is clean for the most part except for a few IC that control the USB 3.1 type-C port on the rear IO.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 keyboard/mouse, DVI, HDMI 2.0, DisplayPort, four USB 3.0 ports, USB 3.1 type-A (not colored red or light-blue), USB 3.1 type-C, Gbit LAN, and gold plated 7.1 channel audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The PCI-E layout is very similar to that of other X370 motherboards. The first and second x16 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8 PCI-E 3.0. The last x16 slot is electrically x4 PCI-E 2.0, and the remaining x1 slots are x1 PCI-E 2.0. The M.2 slot operates at 32Gb/s and offers heat sink to cool down your drive.
The motherboard offers six SATA6Gb/s ports. The motherboard has two USB 3.0 internal headers. The blue one offers a lightning charger, which offers 1.5A at 12v or 2.4A at 5v.
The motherboard also offers a touch sensitive panel for the power button, reset button, Sport button, and ECO button. An LN2 mode switch will automatically down clock the CPU to 800Mhz when engaged. The POST code display near the SATA ports is a welcomed addition.
The motherboard has two RGB LED headers, one located near the CPU fan headers and the other between the SATA ports and the 24-pin power connector. Two USB 2.0 ports are located at the bottom of the motherboard. To the left of the USB 2.0 internal headers are a BIOS selection switch and a clear CMOS jumper.
The included M.2 SSD can pre-installed on our review sample, and the M.2 heat sink is thick enough to be useful. All the heat sinks and shield use screws, except the PCH heat sink which uses push pins.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The BIOSTAR X370GT7 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370GT7 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR X370GT7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR X370GT7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mega Man Legacy Collection has sold 1 million units
- Mario's voice enters Guinness World Record, 100 performances
- Mortal Engines movie could HARDCORE fail, $42m made so far
- God of War's director confirms viewable Death Stranding demo
- New Street Fighter V character 'Kage' image leaked early
- RDX Surge Male Enhancement Pills : Maximize Your Performance with RDXSurge!
- light is flashing slow
- Core HT 231D - replacement CPU fan
- Symbaroum: Yndaros - The Darkest Star expansion Released Today
- Enjoy the Winter Season of R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud
- Warlords Awakening release surprises for Christmas
- The Switchblade Christmas Update Is Out Now
- Great Britain & Ireland DLC Out Now For Railway Empire