Here are key points about the BIOSTAR X370GT7.
Lovely RGB LED Use: There is one thing that BIOSTAR beats most of its competition in; the proper implementation of RGB LEDs. The motherboard also has a few RGB LED headers for LED strips. The light from the integrated RGB LEDs is well diffused, and you don't see individual RGB LEDs.
VRM IC Quality: The VRM uses some of the best components in the business, especially on the power stage and PWM controller side of things. An all-International Rectifier VRM is really what you want for Ryzen because of the higher power consumption.
Lightning Charger: BIOSTAR's lightning charger isn't some gimmicky software application, there is actual hardware behind the scenes. The USB 3.0 internal header uses re-drivers to improve signal quality over longer cables and offers special PWM controllers to offer 1.5A at 12v or 2.4A at 5V to fully support the latest quick charging technologies.
OC Features: A POST Code display is very useful for Ryzen overclocking, but power and reset buttons are a nice touch. The motherboard does offer automatic overclocking and ECO downclocking. The motherboard also offers dual BIOS ROMs with a selector switch.
Low USB on Rear IO: BIOSTAR's decision to offer less rear IO USB and more GPU outputs for unreleased processors is an odd one for such a high-end product.
The BIOSTAR X370GT7 is a solid, high-quality motherboard with a lot to offer. If all the features weren't enough, you get a free 240GB M.2 SATA SSD bundled with the motherboard (for $279)! At $209.99 (with BIOSTAR VIVID LED fan), it is an excellent buy if you need the SSD or just want a high-quality, beautiful motherboard.
BIOSTAR has really ramped up its quality and features, and they have done a great job crossing over features from their recent Intel motherboard to their new AMD motherboards. Some X370 motherboards don't use the best audio controllers, or they cut corners in some other areas which the consumer might not notice, but BIOSTAR isn't doing that here. In fact, the X370GT7 is a symbol of BIOSTAR's strength on the AMD battlefield.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: BIOSTAR's X370GT7's VRM ICs, M.2 cooling, and RGB LED use are of the highest quality.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The BIOSTAR X370GT7 Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The BIOSTAR X370GT7 Motherboard retails for £ at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370GT7 Overview]
- Page 3 [BIOSTAR X370GT7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [BIOSTAR X370GT7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Tesla's impressive new electric Semi Truck starts at $150K
- Battlegrounds surpasses 2.6 million concurrent gamers
- Battlegrounds has now sold over 22 million copies on the PC
- Battlegrounds new desert map named: Valle Coronado
- Wolfenstein II goes old school, with a new demo released
- Asrock H97m Pro4 BSOD installing Vega56
- GA-X79-UD7 memory frequency?
- ASRock X299 Mini-ITX and SO-DIMM OC and Build Guide
- Wierd characters in Z97 Gaming BIOS
- I7-6700k, Gigabyte Aorus Z270X K7, Undervolt1.160
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ