Packaging and Overview
ASRock's box design is identical to that of their Fatal1ty Z270 motherboards; it's sleek and high quality. The motherboard is securely packaged in a foam tray inside an anti-static bag.
The accessory package includes four SATA 6Gb/s cables, IO shield, SLI_HB bridge, case badge, M.2 screws, post card, driver DVD, and manuals.
ASRock offers five fan headers on this motherboard. All headers can operate in PWM or DC mode, but only the single header circled in yellow auto detects PWM or DC fans. All headers but the one circled in green support 1.5A of current, while the CPU fan header (circled in green) supports 1A. The motherboard's color theme departs from the color neutral theme and offers a powerful red and black aesthetic. The VRM heat sinks are crimson red while the red of the red on the motherboard is painted on or part of the PCB silkscreen. The back of the motherboard has very few components, which is a good thing.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 keyboard, PS/2 mouse, WIFI antenna brackets, HDMI, six USB 3.0, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold plated audio outputs with S/PDIF digital.
The PCI-E layout is quite simple; there are two reinforced full sized x16 PCI-E 3.0 slots that operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. The PCI-E x1 slots are PCI-E 2.0 and run off the PCH. Six SATA6Gb/s ports are also provided.
The topmost M.2 slot is wired x4 PCI-E 3.0 (32Gb/s), the bottom M.2 slot is wired x2 PCI-E 2.0 (10Gb/s).
Two USB 3.0 internal headers are located below the 24-pin power connector. A single USB 2.0 half header (supports one USB 2.0 port) and an RGB header are located below the two USB 3.0 internal headers. They are located here to support AIO coolers that use USB or AMD's new air coolers with RGB LEDs.
Two extra RGB LED headers are located at the bottom of the motherboard between front panel headers and a POST code display. The Clear CMOS jumper is located to the left of the POST code display. An M.2 WIFI slot is located below the VRM heat sink.
Two USB 2.0 headers are located near speaker, TPM, and COM headers. All the heat sinks and shields use screws, and the heat sinks make great contact with the components they cool down.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- EA stock prices see the dark side of Battlefront II issues
- Canadian grocery chain the first with Tesla Semi truck order
- HTC unveils new Hyper Blaster for VR will make Nintendo mad
- Enter our out-of-this-world 'Valerian' Blu-ray giveaway!
- Intel's new XMM 7660 LTE modem: 1.6Gbps speeds on your phone
- p8z77-v Deluxe won't boot after new install of Win 10
- Secretlab OMEGA 2018 gaming chair: the new king is here
- NVIDIA TITAN Xp Star Wars Collector's Edition Unboxed
- Supermicro SuperO C7Z370-CG-L Motherboard Review
- GAMDIAS Hermes E1 Gaming Combo Review
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series
- ASUS Republic of Gamers Announces Swift PG27VQ