X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
MSI is using the ALC892 with a shield for EMI protection. The audio section is physically isolated from the rest of the system. Chemi-Con audio grade capacitors and a de-pop circuit help to improve overall audio quality.
MSI uses a Realtek 8111H Gbit NIC for Gbit Ethernet. MSI forgoes the integrated USB 3.1 from the chipset for an ASMedia ASM2142. The ASMedia USB 3.1 controller offers slightly better performance according to some vendors. The ASMedia ASM1543 is used as the type-C ports controller and switch.
The main SuperIO is the nuvoTon NCT6795D, which controls the fans, monitors system parameters, and provides PS/2 and the LPT port. To protect the RGB LED header from damage from reverse polarity, a Texas Instruments TPS25944A eFuse is used.
The nuvoTon NCT5605Y is an extra microcontroller used to expand fan control and perhaps offer RGB LED control. A Texas Instruments GD75232 driver and receiver IC is used for the COM port.
A 128Mbit/16MB ROM stores the on-board BIOS. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches move around PCI-E 3.0 bandwidth between the slots and devices.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X370 Krait Gaming Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 Krait Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Watch Dogs Legion has MILLIONs of playable characters
- New Avengers gameplay looks DAMN good, why wasn't it shown before?
- Microsoft add long list of new games to Xbox Games Pass
- Scientists on brink of making & commercializing pollution free energy
- HBO announce intense VR 'Westworld Awakening' game, August 20 debut
- Corsair K57 RGB Wireless Gaming Keyboard Review
- I5-8250U laptop throttling while gaming. New fan, new heat sink yet, new thermal yet no avail. Please help.
- Rivet Networks: Killer Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 Review
- z390 phantom gaming-itx/ac buzzing from mb
- ASUS ProArt PA34VC Review: Professional-Grade UltraWide Perfection
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director