X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued
MSI is using the ALC892 with a shield for EMI protection. The audio section is physically isolated from the rest of the system. Chemi-Con audio grade capacitors and a de-pop circuit help to improve overall audio quality.
MSI uses a Realtek 8111H Gbit NIC for Gbit Ethernet. MSI forgoes the integrated USB 3.1 from the chipset for an ASMedia ASM2142. The ASMedia USB 3.1 controller offers slightly better performance according to some vendors. The ASMedia ASM1543 is used as the type-C ports controller and switch.
The main SuperIO is the nuvoTon NCT6795D, which controls the fans, monitors system parameters, and provides PS/2 and the LPT port. To protect the RGB LED header from damage from reverse polarity, a Texas Instruments TPS25944A eFuse is used.
The nuvoTon NCT5605Y is an extra microcontroller used to expand fan control and perhaps offer RGB LED control. A Texas Instruments GD75232 driver and receiver IC is used for the COM port.
A 128Mbit/16MB ROM stores the on-board BIOS. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches move around PCI-E 3.0 bandwidth between the slots and devices.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI X370 Krait Gaming Motherboard retails for $XXX at Amazon.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 Krait Gaming Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI X370 Krait Gaming Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel Core i9-9900K rumor: 8C/16T at a huge 5.5GHz on Aug 1
- South Park: The Fractured But Whole DLC release date unveil
- 1 hour of gameplay footage released for Forza Horizon 4
- VirtualLink: next-gen VR over a single USB Type-C cable
- World of Warcraft expansions, now only a $15 subscription
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit