Here are key points about the ASRock Z270 Killer SLI.
Intel NIC: At 139.99 the version of this motherboard with Wireless AC is very affordable, but this is the price range where we stop seeing features such as the Intel NIC. However, ASRock made sure to add in the Intel NIC on the motherboard, somthing I am sure will please many owners of this motherboard.
Dual M.2: The motherboard has two M.2 slots, both of which provide 32Gbps of throughput. You can also RAID the slots.
Killer Price: At $139.99 for the version with Wireless-AC the Z270 Killer SLI is one of the most affordable Z270 motherboards with a decent feature set. It also seems that the motherboard is one of the most popular, with a solid five-star rating on Newegg with hundreds of reviews.
Aesthetics: The IO shield, VRM heat sinks, and RGB LEDs provide a very color neutral aesthetic. The motherboard also features an RGB LED header. It is very easy to match the motherboard to your build because it's easy to match white and black.
Low on USB: The motherboard has no USB 3.1 and only five USB 3.0 type-A ports on the back panel.
The ASRock Z270 Killer SLI is an excellent value at only $139.99. It has the aesthetic appeal of much pricier motherboards and the features of a more expensive motherboard. It does, however, have its shortcoming because of the price. If you want a stronger VRM, better audio, or USB 3.1, you will have to dish out a bit more cash as you can't have it all at this price point. It does have all of the Z270 platform's premium features, and those are more than enough for most users.
The motherboard's popularity is also quite interesting; I did not expect to see it rated 5-stars on Newegg with 185 reviews, that is impressive. I can see why people have rated the motherboard so high; it offers a ton of value at a very attractive price point. It can overclock, it looks good, and it has the few premium features people are willing to pay for and use.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||89%|
The Bottom Line: Loaded with a decent feature set and killer aesthetics, the ASRock Z270 Killer SLI is one of the best value buys on the market.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon`s website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK`s website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 Killer SLI Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 Killer SLI Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 Killer SLI Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Capcom add 'Torch Man' to the Mega Man 11 boss roster
- Kirby Star Allies: Daroach, Dark Meta Knight & more details
- Breath of the Wild Link joins Mario Kart 8 Deluxe roster
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly Movie Trailer revealed at Comic-Con
- New story trailer released for Insomniac Games' Spider-Man
- ASROCK C2750D4I BMC Self Test Failure
- OWC Travel Dock Review
- Asrock a320m dgs eveything stuttering even cs go drops 15-20 fps
- Biostar X470GTN Gaming (AMD X470) Motherboard Review
- Asrock X399 + Watercooling help needed please
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit