Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis Continued
ASRock is using the new ALC1220, which is rated at 120dB SNR output on a single headphone output routed to the rear IO, it features an integrated amplifier on that output. To amplify the front panel headphone output, ASRock uses a Texas Instruments NE5532 amplifier. Nichicon Gold series electrolytic audio capacitors are present to improve audio quality as is physical PCB division to separate the analog and digital parts of the audio circuit. There are two internal audio headers offering better cable management possibilities in case you put a GPU in the last slot.
The PLX Technologies (now Avago) PEX8747 takes in x16 PCI-E 3.0 from the CPU and outputs x32 PCI-E 3.0 lanes to the four PCI-E x16 slots so you can run 3-way and 4-way SLI/CrossFireX. The Aquantia AQC108 offers 5Gbit LAN; it is backward compatible with 1Gbit.
ASRock is using the Intel JHL6540 ThunderBolt 3/USB 3.1 controller along with two Texas Instruments TPS65982DA type-C logic and power delivery controller chips. The result is two type-C ports of the highest caliber. On the rear of the motherboard are multiple ASMedia ASM1480 quick switches to switch around PCI-E bandwidth between the PCI-E slots. An ASMedia ASM1184e PCI-E hub takes in a single PCI-E 3.0 port and outputs multiple PCI-E 2.0 ports for low bandwidth devices such as the ASMedia SATA6Gb/s controllers and WIFI controller.
An Intel i211AT provides one of the Intel NICs, and an Intel i219v acts as a PHY for the integrated MAC in the PCH to provide the second 1Gbit NIC.
An Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160 provides WIFI and Bluetooth. An ASMedia ASM1074 USB 3.0 hub takes in a single USB 3.0 port from the PCH and outputs four to two USB 3.0 internal headers.
Two ASMedia ASM1061 produce four extra SATA6Gb/s ports.
An IDT 6V41642B clock generator provides better BCLK overclocking margins. The main SuperIO is a nuvoTon NCT6791D that outputs PS/2, offers voltage and temperature monitoring, and other system management controls. The motherboard also features two 128Mbit/16MB BIOS ROMs. A nuvoton N76E885AT2 provides RGB LED control.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 SuperCarrier Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Xbox will 'go big' with streaming at E3 2019
- $399 Oculus Rift S has inside-out tracking, 1440p resolution
- No, Disney won't make its own Star Wars games
- Cuphead coming to Switch with Xbox LIVE integration
- Obsidian's new Outer Worlds skips Steam
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- Getting SSD to boot
- Seagate Game Drive PS4 2TB Review
- GA-X99-UD5 rev 1.0 power ON issue
- Asus RT-N16 - Can´t get wifi to work
- Killing Floor: Double Feature Coming May 21, 2019 to PlayStation Store and Game Retailers Near You
- Critically acclaimed retro platformer The Messenger hits PlayStation 4 today
- OMG Zombies! to invade Nintendo Switch on the 26th March!
- LEGO DC Super-Villains Releases Batman: The Animated Series Level Pack
- Super Crome: Bullet Purgatory Enters the Steam Early Access Atmosphere Today