Packaging and Overview
The box is simple and uses the same color theme as the motherboard. Packaging is done very well; the motherboard is encased in a foam box and the accessories in a box below.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, IO shield, two WIFI antennas, case badge, M.2 screws, 4-way SLI bridge, 3-way SLI bridge, long 2-way SLI bridge, SLI_HB bridge, postcard, manual, and driver DVD.
The Z270 SuperCarrier has five fan headers. All the fan headers offer PWM or DC operation mode. The CPU fan header circled in red is rated to provide up to 1A of current. The four headers circled in green are rated up to 1.5A of current. The motherboard's color theme is half black and half gray, with a lot of effort put into component placement, so the "runway" on the motherboard remains unobstructed. The VRM heat sink's color even changes to reflect the PCB's color, with the top portion of the heat sink being black and the rest being silver. Since ASRock moved a lot of parts to the rear of the PCB, we find a lot of backside chips, be careful not to scrape the back of the motherboard.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, two USB 2.0 ports, four USB 3.0 ports, two ThunderBolt 3/USB 3.1 type-C ports, Clear CMOS button, WIFI antenna, HDMI, DisplayPort, two 1Gbit LAN, one 5Gbit LAN (red), and 7.1 gold plated audio outputs with S/PDIF out.
The four reinforced x16 slots operate at x16/x0/x16/x0, x8/x8/x16/x0, x16/x0/x8/x8, or x8/x8/x8/x8. The motherboard's PEX8747 allows you to run up to 4-way SLI/CrossFireX. There is also a single x1 PCI-E 3.0 port. Three Ultra M.2 ports, each rated at 32Gbps of throughput, offer RAID support. Each M.2 port shares one lane with an SATA6Gb/s port from the PCH, so if you use an SATA-based M.2 drive, one port will be disabled.
Two USB 3.0 internal headers and a single vertical type-A port are located right below the 24-pin power connector. There are six SATA6Gb/s ports from the PCH and four more from two ASMedia controllers. An extra power connector provides extra power to the PCI-E slots for running 4-way SLI/CrossFireX. SATA ports 0 and 3 share their bandwidth with the first and third M.2 slots and will be disabled if you use an SATA M.2 drive in those slots. The second M.2 slot shares bandwidth with SATA ports 4 and 5, so if you use either, the other will be disabled.
A switch to simply enable XMP is located in the top-right corner of the motherboard. The motherboard does have overclocking features including power and reset buttons as well as a POST code display.
An RGB LED header is located to the left of two USB 2.0 internal headers. A slow-mode jumper is located above the clear CMOS jumper. The motherboard carries two internal audio headers, they are redundant and are designed to easily hide the cable depending on the length of your cable and case breakout locations.
The VRM and PEX8747 heat sink use heat pipes. The 5Gbit NIC also gets its own heat sink. All heat sinks and the IO shield are held down by screws, but the 5Gbit heat sink uses a sticky heat pad.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 SuperCarrier Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam