Here are key points about the ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier.
PEX8747 To Expand Lanes: There is only one way to run 3-way SLI and 4-way SLI/CrossFireX on the LGA1151 platform, and that is with a motherboard with the Avago PEX8747. The PEX8747 doubles CPU PCI-E 3.0 to a total of 32 lanes. You can run two cards at x16/x16 or four at x8/x8/x8/x8.
Crazy Networking: If the Aquantia 5Gbit NIC isn't enough to satisfy your networking requirements, ASRock includes two Intel Gbit NICs and a Wireless AC card onboard. The SuperCarrier is one of the most network capable Z270 motherboards on the market.
Dual ThunderBolt 3: The two type-C ports on the rear IO support Intel's Thunderbolt 3.0. Not all type-C ports are equal, but with up to 40Gbps of throughput and 36W of power, these two type-C ports are superior to many others and offer backward compatibility with USB 3.1 and other type-C protocols.
Triple M.2: As if all these other features weren't enough to impress you, ASRock made sure to include three 32Gbps M.2 slots to support all types of storage requirements. M.2 is the clear successor to the SATA connector, and with all the latest drives coming out in the form factor, ASRock has you covered with support for three and RAID.
Single GPU: It's well known that the PEX8747 which doubles PCI-E bandwidth inflicts a bit of a latency penalty for single GPU operation.
The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier is perhaps the most loaded Z270 motherboards I have reviewed thus far. The 5Gbit NIC, dual Thunderbolt 3 ports, and PEX8747 give it an edge up on its competitors in the same price range. I was shocked to see ASRock selling this motherboard for $380; I thought it would be priced upwards of $500 with all these features. That being said some of its competitors offer better audio and more fan headers, but ASRock decided to shift resources towards other features.
The 5Gbit NIC is also a nice feature, and soon we will have an article discussing the new protocol and its benefits over the 1Gbit NIC. With content creators requiring faster protocols, the Z270 SuperCarrier has you covered with Thunderbolt 3 to transfer your huge files into your computer. The triple M.2 and 4-way SLI support provide a fast environment to work your files, and the 5Gbit NIC allows quick transfer around your network. Content creation isn't the only scenario where all the hardware helps, the motherboard is also excellent for playing the latest games. If you are looking for one of the most loaded motherboards with the latest connectivity protocols at a fairly reasonable price, the Z270 SuperCarrier should be at the top of your list.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Overall TweakTown Rating||94%|
The Bottom Line: ASRock's Z270 SuperCarrier is loaded with high-quality Thunderbolt 3, 4-way multi-GPU support, an excellent VRM, and Aquantia's 5Gbit NIC.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Motherboard retails for $ at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Motherboard retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 SuperCarrier Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Z270 SuperCarrier Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Crytek on next-gen consoles: SSD is 'the real game changer'
- GTA Online secret mission only unlocked when you're SUPER DRUNK
- Elon Musk wants to 'nuke Mars', DOOM dev will lend him the BFG 10000
- Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion reborn in Skyrim's engine, looks enchanting
- Dragon Age 4 is the 'definitive Dragon Age experience,' producer says
- GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Xtreme (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- ASUS CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (AMD X570) Motherboard Review
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER Vulcan X OC-V Review
- BIOS 5.40 Fatal1ty X370 Gaming K4
- Problems during Start Up
- Animoca secures deal with Versus Systems to drive in-game revenue and player engagement
- Viotek Launches LinQ Portable Touchscreen Monitors
- SK hynix Unveils 'Gold S31' Consumer Solid-State Drive on Amazon
- Final Assault coming to PSVR in Q4 2019
- Veteran Video Games Industry Leader Kate Edwards Joins Global Game Jam as Executive Director