If you're after a graphics card that pushes out 1080p 120FPS+ or you've got a 2560x1440 gaming display at 144/165Hz, then the AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G is something you should be looking at. For those with a 21:9 aspect display and native 3440x1440 resolution, in our testing the AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G can handle 80-100FPS without a problem, which is perfect for the 100Hz UltraWide gaming monitors on the market.
AORUS, as usual, is on the ball, offering up some of the coolest running GTX 1080 Ti temps we've seen. The company does talk up its advanced copper back plate cooling, with a rear-side GPU copper back plate. Our card was running at 62C max and scaling up to around 68-70C when overclocked.
AORUS has filled out its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti range well, with the GTX 1080 Ti 11G being the second-fastest in the 3-way stack, with the Xtreme Edition sitting on top of the performance mountain. At the end of the day, you're going to get a great graphics card that can handle anything you throw at it.
For games like CS:GO, Overwatch, Rocket League, and others - frames are king, so you need 120-165FPS for the high refresh rate panels. If you're gaming on my favorite native res: 3440x1440, then you're going to be enjoying your native refresh of 100Hz easily, with 80-100FPS on Ultra details on the AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G. For 4K gamers, you're fine with 60FPS average not being a problem in most games - some of them, however, you will be dropping some in-game details down.
If you're rocking a GIGABYTE or AORUS motherboard and were looking at a GTX 1080 Ti, then the AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G is a kind of perfect fit. Oodles of power, a stylish look, and best of all - if one isn't enough, why not get two and throw them in SLI?
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (overclocking, power)||90%|
|Quality (build, design, cooling)||90%|
|General Features (display outputs, etc)||90%|
|Bundle, Packaging & Software||90%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||90%|
The Bottom Line: AORUS continues to fill out its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, with the GTX 1080 Ti 11G rocking its GPU copper back plate, it'll keep your GPU at under 70C under OC. The fans barely spin under load, which is what I like to hear... or not hear.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G retails for $XXX at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11G retails for £XXX at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Cooling Tech]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 11 [Performance Analysis & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Warcraft III updated, includes 16:9 support and HEAPS MORE
- NVIDIA to launch new GeForce GTX series during GTC 2018
- Final Fantasy XV DLC continues into 2019
- IBM's Watson AI might be coming to a game near you
- Sonic movie set for 2019
- Enermax T.B. RGB, RGB Lighting 3 Fan Pack Review
- GIGABYTE Z370 Aorus Gaming K3 (Intel Z370) Motherboard
- Amped Wireless Titan AC1900 Wireless Router Review
- Reeven NAIA 240 CPU Cooler Review
- For Sale 5 Pieces Apple iPhone 8 64GB Brand New Unlocked $2,795
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit