NVIDIA created a monster with its GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, providing Titan X performance that normally costs $1200 - for just $699. Now we have custom GTX 1080 Ti cards showing up, with MSI's new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G being the first we've tested, and it's an absolute behemoth.
We have 8+8-pin PCIe power connectors, a massively improved 2.5-slot cooler, a revamped look, and some truly stellar performance. We're talking 4K 60FPS performance in most games on the market except for our testing with Ghost Recon Wildlands, we had 60FPS+ average with MSI's GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G.
But as I've said in a few reviews and FB Live streams, I personally recommend UltraWide gaming monitors with resolutions of 3440x1440 - as they offer a much better desktop and gaming experience, without as much GPU horsepower required for gaming at 4K 60FPS. Running games as good looking as Rise of the Tomb Raider at 3440x1440 on MSI's super-fast GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G at 102FPS average (compared to 94FPS on the GTX 1080 Ti, and 75FPS on the GTX 1080) is a truly awesome experience.
I knew that I would be impressed with MSI's GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G before it arrived, for the simple reason of: you can't stuff something up that is already great. NVIDIA has effectively provided consumers with a $1200 graphics card at $699, and then MSI has grabbed that GTX 1080 Ti and nurtured it - and its first custom GTX 1080 Ti graphics card is a monster.
4K 60FPS gaming on a single graphics card for the most part, and amazing 3440x1440 performance - all from a card that is whisper quiet, looks great, and would be even better in SLI with another GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G.
MSI only makes quality high-end graphics cards thanks to its Twin Frozr VI cooling technology and expertise with custom PCBs, so you have a card that will last you for years - both in performance, but from a physical product point of view as well.
During all of our testing, the MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G ran at 67C maxed out - but we have some overclocking numbers that we're going to share with you in another article coming soon. I'm expecting some big things from the card in the OC department, and if what we're seeing with out of the box performance like this - overclocked performance should be another beast in itself.
MSI has come out of the gate with one of the best graphics cards money can buy right now, an improvement over the GTX 1080 Gaming X 8G, in a huge way.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (overclocking, power)||100%|
|Quality (build, design, cooling)||95%|
|General Features (display outputs, etc)||95%|
|Bundle, Packaging & Software||95%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||96%|
The Bottom Line: MSI kills it yet again with their new GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Gaming X 11G, with one of the best graphics cards money can buy. It beats the Titan X, which costs $1200 - and does so looking better, running cooler, and having faster GDDR5X tech. Amazing stuff, MSI!
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada`s website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Twin Frozr VI Detailed]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 11 [Performance Analysis & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 (Site www.BizFests.com) 128GB $2,740
- Buy 10 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $2,740
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit