EVGA knows how to make their product stylish, inside, and out - and on the packaging.
The new and improved iCX cooler looks great, with the GPU/power/RAM temperature LEDs in the middle that are flanked by EVGA's massive display - and then 'SC2' in the corner as this is the SuperClocked 2 version of EVGA's GeForce GTX 1080 range.
EVGA makes good use of the dual-slot design to use a 'display' with LEDs, and three letters - G, P, and M. G is for GPU, P is for power, M is for memory (RAM). Each of these letters has three colors it can cycle through: blue for cool, green for running warmer, and red for full load/hotter. You can tweak these using EVGA's own Precision XOC software, as well.
A single 8-pin PCIe power connector is all you need on EVGA's GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 iCX.
The serious heat sink fin array, up close - it runs across the entire card.
The backplate helps keep the card and all of its components cool, but it doesn't have to look boring - EVGA keeps up its style on the back of the GTX 1080 SC2 iCX.
PRICING: You can find the product discussed for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC2 Gaming, 8GB GDDR5X, iCX Technology - 9 Thermal Sensors & RGB LED G/P/M, Asynch Fan, Optimized Airflow Design Graphics Card 08G-P4-6583-KR retails for $1269.00 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SuperClocked 2 (with iCX) retails for £ at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [EVGA's New iCX Tech Isn't JUST a Cooler Upgrade]
- Page 3 [Detailed Look]
- Page 4 [Test System Specs]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Synthetic]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 1080p]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 1440p]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - 4K]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - 3440x1440]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - DX12]
- Page 11 [Performance Analysis & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Everything you need to know about Razer's new Blade laptops
- Huawei forges forward with Mate X foldable phone launch
- GoodOffer24 HOT SUMMER SALE: Windows 10 Pro for $12.14
- Apex Legends popularity dives, Twitch views drop 75%
- Square Enix could go big at E3 2019 with FF7 Remake
- Micron 9300 Series Enterprise SSD Review
- Disable DVD Drive as Boot Device
- Tesla Breaks Up With NVIDIA, Announces New Self-Driving Chip
- What would work best for a 24/7 server type computer?
- Intel Optane Memory H10 Hybrid SSD Review
- BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare Brings 'Mechs to the City on June 4th
- Goblin and Coins 2 (officially) announced
- Athenascope's AI-Powered Highlights Effortlessly Capture Top Gameplay Moments with the Launch of Official Windows App
- Power Up Lahn and Hunt for Rewarding Eggs This Week in Black Desert SEA
- Playrion presents its new game Airlines Manager - Tycoon 2019, world leader in airline simulation games, and announces a continued partnership with the International Air Transport Association (IATA)