Intel's Pentium 4 platform is definitely coming to the end of its line, with talks of moving from Netburst to Dothan architecture, the future of the Intel Pentium 4 CPU line is certainly looking to be at the end, however, we still haven't reached that part yet.
While one era has come to an end, we now start on the new line, Dual Core Processing. Dual Core works on the same principle as Dual CPU. On one CPU package, two separate dies are packed together, each with its own command set, Multimedia instruction set and caches. Intel has now started mass production of its Pentium D and Pentium XE processors using Dual Core design, however, new boards and chipsets are the order from Intel, and today we are looking at ASUS's offering to the premium market place.
:: Latest Pricing of ASUS P5WD2 Premium ::
ASUS has been on the forefront of motherboard and PC technology for nearly 10 years now, with designs that not only pack as much into a board as technically possible, but allow for some ever increasing overclocking results. Once thought of as the overclocking wannabe to ABIT, ASUS has now taken the crown as the motherboard of choice (for overclocking and performance options) as far as we are concerned.
Today we are looking at the ASUS P5WD2 Wi-Fi TV Premium Edition motherboard based on the newest 955X chipset from Intel - How does it stack up against the board it intends to replace, the P5AD2E Premium based on Intel's 925XE chipset?
Well let's have a look.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [Features]
- Page 4 [Features Continued]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and SiSoft Sandra]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - PCMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - 3DMark Series]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - Battlefield 2]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- The Division movie secures John Wick, Deadpool 2 director
- Microsoft seeks engineers for next-gen Xbox, teases GDDR6
- Fortnite developer: no rush to make new Battle Royale maps
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit