Inside the SUORA FX
The first thing we always want to know is what kind of switches are used, and to gain a view of them we have to remove a few keycaps. The caps are molded white, painted black, and the legends are laser etched. There are black rings in the longer caps, which are what grabs onto the torsion bars.
Each switch is made by TTC, they have blue stems in them, and in this instance, the torsion bars are exposed. The LEDs are visible and will create a flood of light between the keys, as well as shine brightly through them.
Twelve screws hold the halves of this keyboard together. Once removed, we can separate the halves, exposing the ribs and support rails that are molded into the lower plastic section, which then helps to support the blue PCB.
As we look closely at the PCB, we see a lot of residue from the soldering process. While the solder points are clean and tidy, there has been talk that flux can cause issues down the road.
It is funny that we just saw this MCU in the Hermes P1, and while there is not much information on it in the wild, the HSAK3201 seems to be gaining popularity. All we can confirm about this IC is that it is 32-bit in nature, and is an ARM Cortex processor.
All back together, it was time to power on the Suora FX, so we did. The keyboard comes to life with the Wave Mode in full display, sending a rainbow of colors from left to the right across the keys. The LEDs are bright, and typically the color reproduction in images is not this good.
PRICING: You can find the ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $123 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ROCCAT SUORA FX Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for £70 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit