NAXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler
We have already removed the protective cover from the tinted top section, where we can see the NZXT name behind it. The rest of the head unit is round, has two halves, and while black in color, the finish is brushed to add a high-end look and feel.
To the right of the NZXT logo, the inlet and outlet tubes are fitted onto the head unit, attached to swivel fittings. With the rubber hose and nylon braid installed, they are held in place with a thick rubbery plastic composite material.
Above the NZXT name under the tinted cover, on the side of the head unit, there are two important connections present. The 9-pin connector is for power and control of the fans, while the Mini-USB port is used for CAM control over the entire unit.
After removing the plastic cap that protects the base of the cooler, we can see pre-applied TIM placed on the cold plate. This will cover any CPU with enough paste and is dust and debris free, so it is good to install and get under way as soon as possible.
After removing the TIM, we can see the high center of the copper base plate. The machine marks are concentric circles, but are fine in depth, and will add pressure to the CPU dies to its shape. There are four screws in the outer ring, and these may be removed if you need to change over to AMD hardware.
Moving from the head unit, down the length of the tube, and run into the radiator, we see the same method of attachment being used for them. As for the length of the tubes, from the bend in the swivel fittings to the front of the radiator is a little longer than 15.5".
With more length to the radiator, NZXT could have elongated their name and put it on the side of the 240mm radiator. Rather than doing so, the name is indented in the same size and is found at the left end of the radiators side panel cover.
On the thin end of the radiator, opposite the end with the tubes, there is a sticker. The sticker names the CPU cooler shows it is built by Asetek, and also shows that it uses 12V for power and drinks 13.5W of power to run with.
PRICING: You can find the NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler retails for $150 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler retails for £135 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds will 'soon' get map selection
- Australian High Court REJECTS Valves appeal to $3M fine
- Skyrim Special Edition - 4K and 8K textures mods available
- God of War director reads reviews on video, shows true heart
- Witcher 3 mod allows Geralt to go full Benjamin Button
- Can't complete BIOS recovery
- Sonnet eGFX Breakaway Puck RX570 Review
- Akitio Thunder3 10G Network Adapter
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit