NAXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler
We have already removed the protective cover from the tinted top section, where we can see the NZXT name behind it. The rest of the head unit is round, has two halves, and while black in color, the finish is brushed to add a high-end look and feel.
To the right of the NZXT logo, the inlet and outlet tubes are fitted onto the head unit, attached to swivel fittings. With the rubber hose and nylon braid installed, they are held in place with a thick rubbery plastic composite material.
Above the NZXT name under the tinted cover, on the side of the head unit, there are two important connections present. The 9-pin connector is for power and control of the fans, while the Mini-USB port is used for CAM control over the entire unit.
After removing the plastic cap that protects the base of the cooler, we can see pre-applied TIM placed on the cold plate. This will cover any CPU with enough paste and is dust and debris free, so it is good to install and get under way as soon as possible.
After removing the TIM, we can see the high center of the copper base plate. The machine marks are concentric circles, but are fine in depth, and will add pressure to the CPU dies to its shape. There are four screws in the outer ring, and these may be removed if you need to change over to AMD hardware.
Moving from the head unit, down the length of the tube, and run into the radiator, we see the same method of attachment being used for them. As for the length of the tubes, from the bend in the swivel fittings to the front of the radiator is a little longer than 15.5".
With more length to the radiator, NZXT could have elongated their name and put it on the side of the 240mm radiator. Rather than doing so, the name is indented in the same size and is found at the left end of the radiators side panel cover.
On the thin end of the radiator, opposite the end with the tubes, there is a sticker. The sticker names the CPU cooler shows it is built by Asetek, and also shows that it uses 12V for power and drinks 13.5W of power to run with.
PRICING: You can find the NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler retails for $150 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid CPU Cooler retails for £135 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Telltale begins dismantling business and liquidating assets
- THQ Nordic has 35 unannounced projects in development
- Metroid Prime 4 is 'well into development'
- Corsair keyboards and mice are coming to the Xbox One
- Rainbow Six Siege goes free-to-play for the weekend, Nov 18
- Asus 2-in-1 Q524UQ
- AMD Radeon RX 590 Review: The Refresh Of A Refresh Is Here
- Gigabyte Psu buzzing?
- Netgear Insight Business Storage and Networking Management
- EML to PST Converter
- Makeblock Announces Educational Partnership with Gratnells Storage Solutions
- Lex Machina Expands Employment Litigation Analytics with Launch of ERISA Module
- L'Oreal Launches La Roche-Posay My Skin Track UV--The First Battery-Free Wearable Sun Safety Sensor
- Drobo Launches High Performance 8D to Transform Storage Workflows
- CORSAIR Announces Support for Xbox One