Accessories and Documentation
One large bag contains all of the hardware, and we found this outside of yet another bag. On the left is the AMD head unit mounting plate, which needs screws removed from the head unit to do, and it comes with a set of standoffs specific to AMD. To the right is the universal Intel backplate, which accommodates all of the sockets outside of LGA2011 and 2011-V3.
To mount the head unit to either the Intel backplate, Intel motherboard, or the AMD standoffs, you will use the four knurled nuts at the top left. To the right, we find the LGA2011/V3 standoffs, and at the bottom are the universal Intel standoffs.
NZXT sends eight long fan screws so that you can add a second fan, and have everything you need to get it installed. There are eight washers too, but they can be used with the long screws and the short screws, dependent on the installation.
The native USB 2.0 to Mini-USB cable is a couple of inches longer than the motherboard and is needed if you wish to use CAM to control the X42. The bundle at the bottom is plugged into the 9-pin connector on the head unit, and has a 3-pin fan connection for the motherboard, two 4-pin fan power connections, and also requires a free SATA power plug to get this cooler working properly.
The fan chosen to accompany the radiator in the Kraken X42 is this RF-AP140-FP 140mm fan from NZXT. There are seven blades in this fan, both the blades and frame are black, the corners have rubber inserts in the holes, and it is powered via a 3-pin lead which has been sleeved.
The manual is a single sheet of paper which will unfold to deliver anything you may need. Images are on point, the text is descriptive, and whether a novice or a pro builder, it will alleviate all questions when it comes to installing and connecting the cooler.
PRICING: You can find the NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler retails for $128 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The NZXT Kraken X42 Liquid CPU Cooler retails for £105 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Survive a 'Murder on the Orient Express' in our Blu-ray give
- War Thunder on Xbox One X will hit 60FPS later this year
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X benched: whips ass against Ryzen 7 1700X
- ASUS ROG X470-F STRIX motherboard tease, ready for new Ryzen
- NVIDIA RTX technology: real-time ray tracing for games
- Asus G75 won't boot
- ROG G75 won't boot bios
- I guess as with most other forums this place is also a ghostown of bots
- CalDigit AV Pro 2 USB-C Storage Hub 3TB Review
- D-Link EXO AC2600 Wireless Router Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit