Inside the Hermes P1 RGB
We ended up removing quite a few of the keycaps, and find them to be molded out of a nearly blue translucent plastic, Once that is done, the keycaps are painted black and laser etched, and some also have white paint applied too. The cap stems are typical for many switches, and we can see that on the longer switches, the support studs clip onto the torsion bars.
This Hermes P1 RGB is backed with TTC Blue switches, but you can choose to look for red, brown, and black switch versions too. Each switch is individually backlit, the torsion bars are semi-exposed, and if the need arises, the screws holding it together are found in the top plate.
It takes the removal of thirteen screws to get inside of the keyboard, and at this point, you can remove the plastic lower section from the PCB and top plate. We do not suggest you do this, but it is easy to do without much fuss.
Rather than using switches with LED bulbs exposed above the switch as most use, the Hermes P. RGB uses surface mount LEDS stuck under the PCB. Looking around, we see no signs of flux left behind, just clean solder points and everything mounted precisely.
There still is very little to be found about the HSAK3201 MCU used in the Hermes P. RGB, which is what we found in the Hermes RGB too. Gamdias tells us that this is a 32-bit ARM Cortex-M3 processor.
With the keyboard back in one piece, we powered it on and messed around with the lighting a bit. It boots up in wave mode, and all we did here was to change the direction of flow from left to right, to top to bottom. We also added in the wrist rest so that you can see how it all goes together for the final image.
PRICING: You can find the Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Gamdias Hermes P1 RGB Mechanical Gaming Keyboard retails for $85 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- ONRUSH gameplay trailer reveals new game modes
- YouTube star John 'TotalBiscuit' Bain has died age 33
- God of War reaches a massive 5 million units sold
- The Wolf Among Us Season Two hit with 2019 delay
- Nintendo's '2nd Unit Set' for the Switch is dockless, $230
- 2 New Half-Life 2 Developers videos
- the best value, budget upgrade for me
- best value budget upgrade path
- Buy 3 Pieces Samsung Galaxy S9 SM-G960UZKAXAA 128GB $1.422
- X58a-ud5 rev 1.0 Bios with VT-d support
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit