Case Build & Finished Product
As expected, nothing about the front of the chassis changed with our system installed. While the lines around the bay covers are noticed, we like the continuation of the brushed finish, rather than to have a device showing through the bezel. However, those who want to use this space have the option to.
When it came to installing our kit into the Pure Base 600, we found no issues with the motherboard installation, finding holes for various wires, or removing parts we did not need to block the video card from fitting inside. The video card does sag a bit, and we did try to adjust for it, but this is what we ended up with, using a heavy and long video card.
The dust shield went into place with minimal force, and the thumbscrews gave us no issue when it comes to mounting expansion cards. After digging through some random hardware we had lying around, we opted for thumbscrews to mount the PSU, which is snug and lines up well.
Using what was given to us, we installed the hook and loop straps in the back of the motherboard tray, and this alone was plenty to maintain the chassis wires. The 8-pin lead stays off to the right by itself and leaves plenty of room to populate the pair of 2.5" drive trays.
The only complaint about the side panels is their weight, but we also appreciate the measures taken to make this as quiet as possible. Getting the panels back on is a piece of cake, and from this angle, the Pure Base 600 is tightly wrapped to contain noise, and just awaiting the power cable for testing.
Once powered, the power button is glowing from the white LED under it. We did miss the flicker of the HDD activity light, but it is white also. With very few places to exhaust air in this configuration, our components were comfortable and cool inside, and we had to go to the back of the case to get any sound reading, which was 23 dB a foot away from the exhaust fan.
PRICING: You can find the be quiet! PURE BASE 600 Mid-Tower Chassis for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The be quiet! PURE BASE 600 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for $89 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The be quiet! PURE BASE 600 Mid-Tower Chassis retails for £68 at Amazon UK.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Activision: Destiny was tying up our resources
- Activision cut jobs to focus on monetization as well as dev
- Anthem's epic skins cost $8.50 a piece
- Crackdown 3 only exists to sell Game Pass subscriptions
- Apex Legends turning their son transsexual, says parents
- HELP !!!! ASROCK Z77 PRO3 "NON-K OC MENU" disappeared :-(
- Serexin: https://www.ketotoneworld.com/serexin-reviews/
- GeIL Super Luce RGB Sync DDR4-3200 16GB Memory Kit Review
- ASRock Multi-Gigabit Performance: 10GbE/5GbE/2.5G Networking
- New Screenshots for ShaRkPG, Maneater | PC Version to Support NVIDIA Ansel Technology
- The world's first judicial friendship simulator takes to Kickstarter in Supreme Courtship!
- Cupid hits Ring of Elysium with Valentine's Day event
- New Gameplay Video for World-Shaping RTS Bannermen Released
- Nokia launches Cognitive Collaboration Hubs to help operators design 5G networks and create AI-enabled use cases