When you get an email from a tech company saying we will have a new and secret graphics card to send you on the 15th of September, you instantly become interested at the prospects. Especially with all the rumors floating around at the moment, it tends to make you lean towards it being the release of the highly anticipated R520 (now known as Radeon X1800) or Crossfire Multi VPU.
As most people already know, sadly for our excitement it wasn't the X1800 nor was it Crossfire, though it was another mid-range graphics card known as the Radeon X800GTO. It's the next level up from the X800GT which was only released a few weeks ago. ATI's latest graphics card is designed to compete against nVidia's GeForce 6800 standard which has been in the market for sometime now.
While a lot of people feel that it is a bit late to be releasing new cards into the current generation mid-range market, ATI must feel different though because there is also rumor of an X800GTO2 coming out as well. Soon ATI will release their next generation cards including the X1600 which will effectively replace the X800GTO in only a few weeks, which is worth keeping in mind.
Continue on as we take a close look at the GeCube Radeon X800GTO and we'll compare it against the X800GT at standard and overclocked clock speeds. We should also add that this card will be widely available very soon - we figure ATI are trying to follow nVidia's foot steps and have new cards ready at launch.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction]
- Page 2 [Specifications]
- Page 3 [The Card]
- Page 4 [The Package]
- Page 5 [Benchmarks - Test System Setup and 3DMark03]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks - 3DMark05]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks - Half Life 2]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks - Doom 3]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks - Far Cry]
- Page 10 [Benchmarks - High Quality AA and AF]
- Page 11 [Benchmarks - CPU Overclocking]
- Page 12 [Benchmarks - Graphics Card Overclocking]
- Page 13 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Intel reportedly 'kills off' its upcoming 10nm process
- Jump Force features original Akira Toriyama character 'Kane'
- Project Monolith - action adventure title for all platforms
- Crackdown 3 will be playable at Xbox FanFest 2018
- Agony Unrated is 90% off to Agony owners, releases Oct 31st
- How To Find Out Motherboard?
- I'm in a gaming rut please help.
- GIGABYTE Z390 Aorus Master (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- Akitio Thunder3 Dock Pro Review
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam