Packaging and Overview
ASRock's box design is similar to that of the other Taichi motherboards I have reviewed. Packaging is quite good and should protect the motherboard during transport.
The accessory package includes four SATA 6Gb/s cables, IO shield, two WIFI antennas, SLI_HB bridge, case badge, driver DVD, and manuals.
ASRock offers five fan headers on this motherboard. All the headers are rated 1A except the two circled in blue, which are rated 1.5A. The headers circled in red can auto-detect if a PWM or DC mode fan is connected, and will automatically change their control mode.
The motherboard's aesthetics are white and black, and the PCB's silkscreen plays a big role in bringing everything together. ASRock worked hard to make it so that the heat sinks and silkscreen match up, and it produces a neat effect that will be blocked by the installation of a GPU and CPU cooler. The back of the motherboard has very little components, which is a good thing.
The rear IO panel features PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, WIFI antenna, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, Clear CMOS button, four USB 3.0 ports, Gbit LAN, and 7.1 gold plated audio outputs with S/PDIF.
The PCI-E layout is quite simple; the first two x16 PCI-E 3.0 slots operate at x16/x0 or x8/x8. The last slot operates at x4 PCI-E 2.0; it shares x4 PCI-E 2.0 with the nearest M.2 slot. There are 10 SATA 6Gb/s ports.
The topmost M.2 slot is wired x4 PCI-E 3.0 (32Gb/s), the bottom M.2 slot is wired x4 PCI-E 2.0 (20Gb/s). The bottom M.2 slot shares bandwidth with the last PCI-E x16 slot (electrically x4).
There are two USB 3.0 internal headers located right below the 24-pin power connector. ASRock strategically positioned one of its RGB headers near the CPU socket so that AMD's new cooler's RGB cable could easily reach. They also positioned a USB 2.0 single port header close by so that AIO's with USB connections could reach.
The motherboard comes with a POST code display located to the right of two USB 2.0 internal headers. Two RGB LED headers reside at the bottom of the motherboard.
The heat sinks and shields are all screwed into the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and X370 Taichi Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock X370 Taichi Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock X370 Taichi Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIGABYTE teases its AORUS RTX 2080 XTREME 8G graphics card
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 launches October 17 for $499-$599
- Bad Habit release new trailer for Switch title Marble It Up!
- Keep calm as Dark Souls Remastered debuts to Nintendo Switch
- Android 17 officially joins Dragon Ball FighterZ roster
- Silicon Motion SM2262EN Preview: Micron 96-Layer TLC
- Need Advice 7800X OC
- Dial +1-844-319-0999 Dell technical support phone number for Dell help
- For Sale [10 Pieces] Apple iPhone Xs/Xs Max 64GB New $5,990CAD
- Recommendations replacing my Asus laptop Wifi adapter
- Xola Online Booking Platform Launches Travel Industry's First App Marketplace for In-Destination Tour and Activity Providers
- Creative's Super X-Fi Magical Headphone Holography Launches
- New ELiMENT Duplex LC Uniboot Connector Offers Highly Engineered Process and Ease of Installation
- Sevatec Announces Partnership with George Mason University
- VOTI DETECTION Announces the Launch of a Powerful Compact Table Top 3D Perspective X-Ray Security Scanner