Case Build & Finished Product
Once all the bits and bobs were installed into the Portal, we took another trip around it with the camera. The front of the chassis is now supporting an AIO, but we did have to use the lowest fan position to do so. This did conflict with the SSD tray inside, so we removed it, as we had to be sure to clear the video card at the top.
Looking into the main section of the Portal's guts, we can see that the motherboard fits, the tubing for the AIO runs gently with no odd bends or tweaks. The PSU has plenty of room at the bottom with room to spare for the wires, and the video card just fits at the top.
The card did align slightly crooked at the top, but that could be a bit our fault as we wanted to be sure it was supported well. We did try a rear I/O cover and had no issues with fitment, and the PSU brought no issues to the table either.
The hole in the motherboard tray is large, and as we can see here, it allows the backplate to be installed or removed without moving the motherboard. We did not need the room to the side of the HDD rack but to run a fan wire, but having that space is handy for those with intentions of using more than what our build required.
Rather than to take another trip around the outside of the chassis, we skipped ahead and are showing the Portal while it is powered. The power button at the front is backlit with a light blue, almost white LED. We did miss the HDD activity LED in this image, but that will flicker with white LED illumination.
As if the Portal did not look stellar as it was, we still have the large window at the top to discuss. This window affords users a view of the video card, and the better-looking side of it as well. If you have an LED-lit video card, you will also get a bit of light passing through the top of the chassis onto the wall near the Portal.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [BitFenix Portal Mini-ITX Chassis]
- Page 4 [Inside the Portal]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Stardew Valley was the most downloaded Switch game in 2017
- Vive Pro's recommended PC specs may get bumped up
- Sony and Nike make official PS2 shoes
- Games industry may make $170 billion in 2018, firm predicts
- GIGABYTE release new Gemini Lake based J/N motherboards
- Lian-Li PC-O11 WW Feedback and O11 Air Feedback
- Investigation: Benefits to Prioritization Software
- When is a RX570 not a RX570?
- ASRock X370 Gaming-ITX/ac Gaming (AMD X370) Motherboard
- Z270 Extreme 4 post issue
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit
- Colorful Announces iGame GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Vulcan X Top
- Gainward Announces its GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series