Inside the large box are a smaller box and an AMD Wraith Spire cooler for the 1700, the 1700X doesn't come with a cooler. Inside the smaller box are the CPU and a Ryzen case badge sticker.
The tops of the CPUs are identical to each other and the 1800X. The gold arrow in the corner helps you position the CPU correctly for socket insertion. The integrated heat spreader (IHS) is soldered to the CPU.
The bottoms of the two CPUs are also identical, with multiple golden pins. You will need to be careful not to place the CPU on any surface that might bend the pins because straightening out the pins can be very difficult. Pro Tip: if you do bend the pins, you can use a credit card to help straighten them out.
At the Ryzen Tech Day event in San Francisco, I picked up our Ryzen test kit, those components are what I have used for testing.
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X and Ryzen 7 1700 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Motherboard: ASUS Crosshair VI Hero - Buy from Amazon
- Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S SE-AM4 - Buy from Amazon
- Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz 8GB x2 - Buy from Amazon
- Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - Boot Drive: Samsung 950 Pro 256GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Storage - USB Drive: Corsair Voyager GS 64GB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Case: Corsair Obsidian 900D - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Power Supply: Corsair AX1200i - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- OS: Microsoft Windows 10 - Buy from Amazon
- Monitor: ASUS PA328 ProArt 32" 4K - Buy from Amazon
- Keyboard: Corsair K70 LUX - Buy from Amazon
- Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
- Headset: Corsair VOID RGB Wireless - Buy from Amazon / Read our review
PRICING: You can find the AMD Ryzen 7 1700 CPU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The AMD Ryzen 7 1700 CPU retails for $330 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The AMD Ryzen 7 1700 CPU retails for £330 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The CPUs and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of Singularity]
- Page 7 [Clock for Clock Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 8 [Clock for Clock Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 9 [Clock for Clock Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 10 [Clock for Clock Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of Singularity]
- Page 11 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 12 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- 5 minutes of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's 'World of Light'
- Fury's rage showcased in two new Darksiders III trailers
- Marvel & Riot partner to release 'League of Legends' comics
- Players will unlock Smash Bros. Ultimate's roster rapidly
- Skyrim composer raises hand for Lord of The Rings TV show
- 'Koala Stoner Noir' Free Demo Released Today. Full Game Updated With New Map Location And Cinema Experience
- TRENDnet launches long-range PoE+ switches
- ADATA Launches Ultimate SU630 3D QLC NAND SSD
- Razer announces the BlackWidow Lite
- ASUS ROG Announces ROG Strix Radeon RX 590 Graphics Card