With mobile throughput, I run testing through an iPhone 7 Plus and Mi Note Pro to see the performance with mobile devices. Throughput is tested with the router in is default state from the factory.
The Ally showed greater throughput with the iPhone 7 Plus reaching 98 Mbps.
5GHz mobile throughput reached 486 Mbps with the iPhone 7 Plus while the Note Pro touched 249 Mbps.
Our next test for this new setup sees how range affects performance. With this, we start at 10Ft and move out to 30Ft, after we reach the end we move to a location again at 30Ft but with two walls between us and the router. Routers are tested in their default configuration for this part; the client device is the iPhone 7 Plus.
Starting off this test, the Ally Plus gives us 99 Mbps on the 2.4GHz band. As we move away performance drops only slightly to 90 Mbps at 30ft, two walls net us 76 Mbps.
5GHz starts at 447 Mbps which stays pretty solid through 30ft. Two walls drop throughput to 267 Mbps.
The Ally Plus certainly isn't a storage-centric solution. With our SanDisk Extreme Pro, we were only able to get 23 MB/s read and 17 MB/s write out of the device.
PRICING: You can find the Amped Wireless Ally Plus Whole Home Wi-Fi System for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Amped Wireless Ally Plus Whole Home Wi-Fi System retails for $300 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- NeoGAF goes down, owner embroiled in sexual harrassment
- ASUS ROG Strix GTX 1070 Ti teased with triple-fan cooler
- Bitcoin hits $6000, with $100 billion in value
- Galaxy S9: 6GB RAM, headphone jack is a selling point
- Mass Effect dev: EA only cares about highest returns
- ex58-UD3R rev 1.6
- RAID on a new X370 Fatal1ty Gaming X with m.2 SSDs using a PCIe card.
- LGA-775 GA-EP35-DS3P (rev 2.1), Q9550 e0 overclocking advice please?
- Will the PC-A76 accept a Tyan TYAN S7100 (S7100AG2NR) SSI EEB Mother board?
- MSI Z370 GODLIKE GAMING Motherboard Review
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard