The Drobo 5C
Packaging for the 5C carries an image of the appliance on the front. To the right, we have marketing information and down below supported operating systems and connectivity.
There is a full comparison of the Drobo product line on the side of the box that includes the B810n and 5N Network appliances.
Drobo has kept with the amazing unboxing experience, the box above greets you upon opening.
The scope of delivery includes the power adapter, Type-C to C cable, and reading materials.
The 5C comes in a protective cloth bag.
The bottom of the Drobo houses regulatory info to the right and model information to the left.
The five drive bays of this appliance are tool-less without drive trays. Each slot has its LED to the right while the entire unit has a range of LEDs at the bottom.
The back of the unit houses the power switch, power input, and USB-C port.
I am using the ASUS Thunderbolt EX 3 to test the Drobo 5C; this AIC uses the Intel L6540 capable of 40 Gbit/s speed, PCIe 3.0, HDMI 2.0, DP 1.2 and USB 3.0.
PRICING: You can find the Drobo 5C Five-Bay USB-C DAS for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Drobo 5C Five-Bay USB-C DAS retails for $349 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Drobo 5C Five-Bay USB-C DAS retails for £363 at Amazon UK.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Gears of War 4 showed off on next-gen Xbox One X
- Wolfenstein II can 'utilize the power' of Radeon RX Vega
- Battlegrounds 2 won't happen, as the game is a service
- Galaxy S9 logo leaks, still has a headphone jack
- NVIDIA's new GeForce 388.00 drivers ready for Destiny 2
- ADATA XPG SX950 480GB SATA III SSD Review
- Lenovo Legion Y920 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- Gigabyte Z97 Gaming GT: PCIe slots 3.0 that working only at 1.0 with an ASUS Hyper M.2 x4 expansion card
- Gigabyte Z97X Gaming GT: PCIe 3.0 that work only at 1.0 with Asus Hyper m.2 x 4 card
- Gigabyte AB-350 G3 CPU LED & No POST after update ->rollback?
- Introducing the CYBERPOWERPC Crystal Gaming Series Powered By CORSAIR
- COLORFUL Officially Releases iGame Z370 Vulcan X Motherboard in South Korea
- G.SKILL Releases DDR4-3800MHz 32GB (4x8GB) SO-DIMM Memory Kit for Mini-ITX Motherboards
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard