Accessories and Documentation
Recalling back to that white cardboard box which contains all of the hardware, once we opened it, all of the hardware is found in one large bag. There are smaller bags inside to section off the bits, so feel free to rip it open to get to what is inside.
Floating freely inside of the large bag is what we have in this image. There is an LGA1151 socket spacer centered in the four wire fan clips. Along the bottom, we see the backplate isolation membrane, the universal backplate, and the top mounting bracket which is highly polished in appearance.
In smaller bags, we find the Chill Factor grease at the top, with larger bags below it. The bag on the left contains the fans isolation tubes, nylon washers for both Intel and AMD mounts, and a socket LGA775 pre-load spacer as well. The bag on the right delivered the backplate screws, LGA2100 standoffs, standoffs for all other sockets, screws to mount the top plate, as well as screws with washers on them to mount the cooler to the hardware.
If our description of the included fan earlier was not defined enough, here you can view the product sticker. More specifically we can see that this is the TR-TY140Black fan which can draw 12V and uses only 0.20A. It is shown to be made in China, and there is another fancy Thermalright sticker with a serial number unique to just the fan.
The manual for this cooler is thorough and easy to follow. Starting off with a parts list to verify you have everything needed, the manual moves onto the installation process. There are a few exploded diagrams to show how it works, but there are also sections specific to LGA2011, Intel and AMD, which contains renderings, denotations of the parts required, all in a simple to follow format.
This is the first time we have seen this additional component and insert, but this explains it all. The clear plastic spacer we just mentioned is made to fit over the CPU, but to be held into place with the retention bracket on the socket. There is no literature as to why it is needed, but we will be employing its use for testing.
PRICING: You can find the Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct CPU Cooler retails for $47 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct CPU Cooler retails for £43 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- GIVEAWAY: ASRock Fatal1ty X299 Pro Gaming i9 XE boards
- Battle royale revenue to grow 600% in 2018
- Fortnite makes over $1 billion in less than a year
- Treyarch tease COD: Black Ops 4 zombies Comic-Con reveal
- Call of Cthulhu releases this Halloween
- HyperX Pulsefire Surge RGB Gaming Mouse Review
- ASRock Phantom Gaming Radeon RX 550 - can it run silent?
- Unlock Outlook PST Recovery Tool
- ASRock Z370 Extreme4 produces a high-frequency sound
- Thin, Light & Narrow Bezel, MSI GS65 Gaming NB Review
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit