Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct CPU Cooler
The body of the cooler is made of 49 fins in a stack pressed over heat pipes which are oriented in three lines to either side. The orientation delivers more airflow across the pipes to improve efficiency but does make for some odd shaping as they leave the aluminum base.
The side of the tower is made with a jagged shape, and even has a set of grooves which one would think the fan would connect with, but not in this design. At the bottom, we also see that the pipes sidestep each other as they make their way into the fin stack.
Since the fin stack is identical in number and shape to the front, we want to point out that this cooler, even though it looks nearly symmetrical, there is a slight offset to the design to allow for PCI-e slot clearance too.
Both of the sides are designed with an open fin stack, but the fins will stay spaced evenly without the sides being closed off. With five pipes in three sections of the fins, the punched out holes and the lips created from that process do a great job of spacing the fins, and ensuring they will not move.
Since the base is wider than the tower is, we placed the True Spirit 140 Direct on the TY-140 fan. Each side offers five pipes which are evenly spaced, and we also see four small holes punched into each fin as well. The Thermalright logo is cut from every fin in the stack, and the two holes found near the edges is how fan clips are attached to this tower.
From this angle, we see that the holes are found all the way through the tower and that each of the nickel plated copper heat pipes is only pressed into each fin as means of transferring heat to the aluminum.
The five heat pipes are evenly spaced across the base with small sections of the aluminum base plate. The pipes sit much higher than the spacers, and the mating surface is rough in texture. Either there is so much nickel that the milling on the heat pipes is no longer visible, or it could be the pipes were never machined in the first place.
The top of the base has a Thermalright sticker placed on it which offers the serial number of only the tower. Each edge of the base plate has the Thermalright name and logo carved into it, just as the shape changes to offer the mounting tabs.
PRICING: You can find the Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct CPU Cooler for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct CPU Cooler retails for $47 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct CPU Cooler retails for £43 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging]
- Page 3 [Thermalright TRUE Spirit 140 Direct CPU Cooler]
- Page 4 [Accessories and Documentation]
- Page 5 [Installation and Finished Product]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup, Thermal Tests, and Noise Results]
- Page 7 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X overclocked to 6GHz with LN2 cooling
- Will Halo 6 be revealed at E3 2018?
- Neo Geo retro console possibly on the way
- Windows 10 Pro OEM CD-KEY GLOBAL $14 ($12.36 after code)
- Nintendo R&D experimenting with new games hardware
- Can I install a Soundblaster THX TruStudio Pro Snd Crd in my GA-170X-Gaming 7 MoBo?
- AMD Ryzen 7 2700X and Ryzen 5 2600X Review
- FSP CMT510 RGB Mid-Tower Chassis Review
- I'm need help from GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI
- Investigation: m.2 Heatsinks, are they worth it?
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit