When we lower the resolution in Resident Evil, so that the games are no longer GPU limited, we see that the 7700K does well. In GTA:V, a game that uses CPU cores well, the Broadwell-E CPUs do well when the game isn't GPU limited, Ryzen only seems to have an advantage with maintaining a higher minimum FPS.
Tomb Raider shows how Intel's IPC helps it stay ahead in games, but when the game becomes GPU limited, there isn't much difference regarding what CPU you use.
Ashes of Singularity is where I figured the Ryzen CPU would do well, but based on their announcement today of future optimizations, it currently does better on Intel, although not by much.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The New Microarchitecture]
- Page 3 [The CPU, Platform, and Test Setup]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Out of the Box Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of Singularity]
- Page 8 [Clock for Clock Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, and AIDA64]
- Page 9 [Clock for Clock Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding, ScienceMark, and SuperPI]
- Page 10 [Clock for Clock Synthetic Gaming Performance: UNIGINE and 3DMark]
- Page 11 [Clock for Clock Gaming Performance: Resident Evil, Tomb Raider, GTA:V, Ashes of Singularity]
- Page 12 [Overclocking and Power Consumption]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- vandafil advanced blend
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced