Version and / or Patch Used: 3.05
ATTO is a timeless benchmark used to provide manufacturers with data used for marketing storage products. When evaluating ATTO performance, we focus on the drive's performance curve.
Sequential read/write transfers max out at an impressive 2,975/2,397 MB/s. Keep in mind this is our OS volume, and it is filled to 75% of its total capacity. ATTO uses compressible sequential data. Phison's E7 controller is unique among NVMe controllers in that it handles compressible and incompressible data differently.
The MP500 and the BPX follow a similar performance curve, with the MP500 being slightly better. Both E7-powered drives outperform the competing drives in our test pool when the data is compressible, and transfer sizes are 64KB or larger.
The MP500 gets the better of OCZ's RD400, and Intel's 750 and 600p. Samsung's 960 EVO delivers the best performance at transfers larger than 256KB. Overall, the 950 Pro leads the pack with the best small-file transfer rates.
Anvil Storage Utilities
Version and / or Patch Used: 1.1.0
Anvil's Storage Utilities is a storage benchmark designed to measure the storage performance of SSDs. The Standard Storage Benchmark performs a series of tests; you can run a full test or just the read or write test, or you can run a single test, i.e. 4K QD16. When evaluating performance with Anvils, we focus on the total score. When evaluating NVMe SSDs, we are looking for a minimum total score of over 10K.
Anvil's scoring gives a good indication of a drive's overall performance. In terms of overall scoring, the MP500 gives us what we are looking for. Interestingly, the MDD BPX scores a bit higher than the MP500.
(Anvil) Read IOPS through Queue Depth Scale
With our configuration, we attained 209K random read IOPS at QD32. Keep in mind that this is our OS disk and it is 75% full which is the reason we are unable to attain the 250K IOPS listed on Corsair's spec sheet.
The MP500 and BPX display an identical performance curve up to QD32. At queue depths more than 32, the MP500 has a slight advantage that likely stems from having more premium flash array. Random read performance is one area where E7-powered SSDs are generally outperformed by competing NVMe SSDs.
(Anvil) Write IOPS through Queue Scale
With our configuration, we attained 197K random write IOPS at QD32. Keep in mind that this is our OS disk and it is 75% full.
Samsung's 960 EVO dominates across the board. The MP500 hits its stride at QD8 and higher where it delivers better performance than all but the 960 EVO. However, at lower and more common consumer queue depths, the MP500 can't keep up with the competition. Again, we see that the MP500 has an advantage over the BPX at higher queues.
PRICING: You can find the Corsair Force Series MP500 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Corsair Force Series MP500 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for $303 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Corsair Force Series MP500 480GB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD retails for £317 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Drive Specifications, Pricing, and Availability]
- Page 2 [Drive Details]
- Page 3 [Test System Setup, & Drive Properties]
- Page 4 [Synthetic Benchmarks - ATTO & Anvil Storage Utilities]
- Page 5 [Synthetic Benchmarks - CrystalDiskMark & AS SSD]
- Page 6 [Benchmarks (OS) - PCMark Vantage, PCMark 7 & PCMark 8]
- Page 7 [Benchmarks (Secondary) - IOPS, Response & Transfer Rate]
- Page 8 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - PCMark 8 Extended]
- Page 9 [Benchmarks (Secondary Volume) - 70/30 Mixed Workload]
- Page 10 [Maxed-Out Performance (MOP)]
- Page 11 [Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- UK official responds to lootbox petition
- Rocket League hosts Halloween event 'Haunted Hallows'
- Team Liquid wins SL i-League Invitational Season 3
- Ex-Naughty Dog developer claims he was sexually harassed
- H1Z1 Pro League to kick-off in 2018
- Thecus® N2350 & N4350 the most affordable Home NAS series now available worldwide
- COLORFUL iGame GeForce GTX 1080 Vulcan X OC Review
- South Park: The Fractured But Hole Review
- NVIDIA locks overclocking in GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
- MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti GAMING X TRIO: Unboxed
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz