Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming i7 Circuit Analysis Continued
The Realtek ALC1220 is the new audio codec we see on Z270 motherboards; it offers 120dB SNR with an integrated headphone amplifier. ASRock uses the integrate amplifier for the rear IO headphone jack and has added a Texas Instruments NE5532 for the front panel headphone output. Nichicon Gold series audio capacitors are used to improve audio quality as is a very intricate PCB division scheme to isolate the audio PCB from the rest of the motherboard.
The AQUANTIA AQtion AQC108 is the 5Gbit NIC with integrated PHY. It is backward compatible with 2.5G, 1G, and 100M Ethernet, and has a 3W TDP, so ASRock has a heat sink on it. Wireless AC is provided by a 2x2 unit, the Intel Wireless-AC 3160NGW.
ASRock also is providing two Intel NICs. An i219v is the PHY for the integrated MAC in the PCH, and an i211AT standalone NIC is used for the second.
ASMedia's ASM2142 USB 3.1 controller is found on the rear of the PCB and provide the USB 3.1 type-A and type-C ports. The type-C port requires a type-C switch and CC logic controller. The ASMedia ASM1543 is used for this purpose.
An ASMedia ASM1184e PCI-E hub is used to expand PCI-E lanes for different devices like the SATA controllers. An ASMedia ASM1074 USB 3.0 hub is used to expand one USB 3.0 port into four for the two USB 3.0 headers.
Two ASMedia ASM1061 controllers provide four extra SATA6Gb/s ports.
The main SuperIO is the NCT6791D, and it provides monitoring and control over voltage, temperature, and fans. To provide extra features such as RGB LEDs, a nuvoTon N76E885 is used.
To improve BCLK overclocking, an IDT6V41642B clock buffer is present. Multiple ASMedia ASM1480s are used to switch PCI-E bandwidth across the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming i7 Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming i7 Motherboard retails for $334 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming i7 Motherboard retails for £375 at Amazon UK.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming i7 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming i7 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming i7 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- SK politician talks PUBG success, holds golden pan
- Samsung's new 360-degree camera requires 2 x GTX 1080 Ti
- ASUS: Z270 platform could work with Coffee Lake CPUs
- GTX 1070 Ti leaked benchmarks: easily beats RX Vega 56
- GIGABYTE's upcoming GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Gaming spotted
- AORUS X9 (Kaby Lake) Gaming Laptop Review
- ASUS ROG Strix Vega 64 Unboxed: The First Custom RX Vega
- Replacement AC adapter for RT-AC88U
- Can't disable CPU SPECTRUM on a Z97-D3H
- ECOLA Ultra Slim Laptop Cooling Pad Chill Mat
- EK Water Blocks releases new Slim Series kits
- BIOSTAR releases new RACING Z370GT7 motherboard
- ASRock announces X299E-ITX/ac, world's first mini-ITX LGA2066 motherboard
- Noctua introduces chromax line fans, cables and heat sink covers
- G.SKILL Releases Fastest 32GB (4x8GB) Trident Z RGB Memory Kit at DDR4-4266MHz