The 7350K has the same overclocking setup as the rest of the 7000K series CPUs. Intel has added the ability for VCore to adaptively scale with BCLK increases, but I will stick with multiplier-based overclocking since I think it's simpler and I want to use XMP and not have to manually set the memory multiplier as well.
The CPU also has an AVX offset feature, where you can down-clock the multiplier from the overclocked multiplier when the CPU encounters a program that uses AVX. I also didn't need to set that, but you might in case you want a higher overclock in games.
Overclocking the 7350K was very quick and easy. All I did was set 50x for the CPU multiplier, set 1.375v for VCore with "Turbo" LLC, and set memory XMP to enable. I started at 48x CPU multiplier with 1.3v VCore and "Turbo" LLC, moved up the dials slowly, and found that 5GHz with 1.375v was pretty much the maximum overclock that could pass all tests.
A quick benchmark to see if your CPU could be stable with a bit more voltage or better cooling is to use HandBrake and encode a very large video file; I use a 6GB 4K video. After you find out you can pass the HandBrake test, then you can move forward into Prime95 and other tougher stability tests.
I did notice a big difference compared to the 7700K; the 7350K can take more VCore (around 1.4v compared to 1.3-1.35v) and not overheat, and that is probably because it has half the CPU cores compared to its bigger brother.
Maximum overclock I could achieve in Windows was about 5.1GHz, which is 100MHz lower than the 7700K I have.
I wanted to see how good the IMC in the 7350K was. It turns out that running 4GHz is just as easy on the 7350K. The Corsair kit I used is a 32GB 4-DIMM 4000MHz CAS 19 kit.
PRICING: You can find the Intel Core i3-7350K "Kaby Lake" CPU for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Intel Core i3-7350K "Kaby Lake" CPU retails for $180 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The Intel Core i3-7350K "Kaby Lake" CPU retails for £192 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [The 7350K and Test Setup]
- Page 3 [7350K Overclocking]
- Page 4 [Out of the Box Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, AIDA64 EE AES, and FPU]
- Page 5 [Out of the Box Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding and ScienceMark]
- Page 6 [Out of the Box iGPU Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, Resident Evil, and 3DMark]
- Page 7 [Out of the Box dGPU Performance: GTA:V, UNIGINE, Resident Evil, 3DMark]
- Page 8 [Clock for Clock Performance: CINEBENCH, wPrime, AIDA64 EE AES, and FPU]
- Page 9 [Clock for Clock Performance: Handbrake Video Transcoding and ScienceMark]
- Page 10 [Clock for Clock Performance: GPGPU Memory, UNIGINE, ResidentEvil, and 3DMark]
- Page 11 [Clock for Clock dGPU Performance: GTA:V, UNIGINE, Resident Evil, 3DMark]
- Page 12 [Power Consumption]
- Page 13 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Burnout Paradise Remastered debuts to PC August 21st
- Little Nightmares developers announce 1 million units sold
- Blizzard say Overwatch port to Switch is completely feasible
- Shadow of the Tomb Raider weapons revealed through trailer
- New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Luigi U rumored for Switch
- Buy (3) Apple iPhone X $1.947 (Buy on our www .BizFests.com)
- Buy (3 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1.947
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080: What We Know So Far
- Can't get RAM to run at rated speeds with XMP
- Buy (2 Pieces) Apple iPhone X (A1865/A1901) New $1,398
- Road Redemption Coming This Fall to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch
- PROZE: a VR survival adventure announcement trailer
- Let's Ragnarok! Legend of Solgard Launches worldwide on Mobile
- Snail Games Soft Launches My Dino in Canada