Packaging and Overview
Supermicro's box design for their Z270 motherboards is similar to that of their Z170 motherboards, if not identical. It is actually a very nice box and package design, with the motherboard displayed nicely. The motherboard and all accessories are individually packaged and well protected.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, an IO shield, and quick reference guide. There is also a driver DVD.
Supermicro's C7Z270-CG has five fan headers circled in red. All the headers are PWM only headers, so you should avoid using 3-pin fans as they will run full speed. The good news is that each header supports up to 2.5A, which is a lot of power, and a practice carried over from their server side.
The motherboard's black and green aesthetic is unique. While black and green is not a Supermicro original, for the past few chipset generations, Supermicro is the only vendor to offer this color theme. I like black and green, the only problem is a lack of green accessories, but now with the advent of RGB-everything, it's a lot easier to find matching accessories.
Supermicro has put a lot of effort into sprucing up the motherboard's aesthetic appeal, and the result is fun and not over the top. The backside of the motherboard doesn't have much on it, which is a good thing.
The rear IO panel features two USB 2.0 ports, three USB 3.1 type-A ports, one USB 3.1 type-C port, DisplayPort, HDMI, DVI, Gbit LAN, PS/2 Keyboard/Mouse, audio outputs, and S/PDIF digital.
The PCI-E layout is designed so that the three x16 slots are wired to the CPU. They can operate at x16/x0/x0, x8/x8/x0, or x8/x4/x4. The PCI-E x1 slots are wired to the PCH. All PCI-E bandwidth is PCI-E Gen 3. The six SATA6Gb/s ports are from the PCH, and the motherboard features dual U.2 ports.
The motherboard has two M.2 slots as well, so you can easily mix and match the latest in NVMe storage devices. A single BIOS ROM can be physically replaced and comes latched into a socket.
At the bottom of the motherboard are USB 3.0 headers, three USB 2.0 headers, and a variety of jumpers to do everything from clear the CMOS settings to enable ME recovery. The motherboard does offer power, reset, and ClearCMOS buttons.
A POST code display is located behind the U.2 ports, and a COM header sits in the lower-right hand corner of the motherboard. The heat sinks and shield are all screwed into the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find the Supermicro C7Z270-CG Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The Supermicro C7Z270-CG Motherboard retails for $241 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and C7Z270-CG Overview]
- Page 3 [Supermicro C7Z270-CG Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [Supermicro C7Z270-CG Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Digital PS4 game sales locked exclusively to PSN
- Enter the 'Spider-Verse' for our Spider-Man Blu-ray giveaway
- Epic Store has 85 million users
- Google Stadia only works with Pixel phones, Chromecast on TV
- Switch could use Microsoft voice chat technology
- Do anyone can help in converting Outlook PST Files into EML format
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB795SP-B Review - 3.5" & 2.5" Single Bay
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced