Here are key points about the MSI Z270 Gaming-ITX/ac.
Filled with Overclocking Features: Even though many people will never use a lot of the overclocking features in their daily activities, they have them for when they might need them. The OC Dashboard is really awesome, and its ability to be used as an off-board remote is quite handy. The Z270 XPower is loaded with overclocking features we would have died for years ago.
Excellent VRM Quality: The motherboard uses some of the best digital PWM components and matches it with some of the highest rated integrated power stages to produce a VRM you will never be able to overpower.
Plenty of Non-OC Features: Three M.2 slots, U.2, two USB 3.0 internal headers (one right angled), dual Intel NICs, and USB 3.1 are just some of the many non-overclocking premium features you get with the Z270 XPower.
Unique Aesthetics: The silver/white PCB looks better in person than in pictures, and MSI has done a great job with matching the heat sink/shield white areas with that of the PCB. I also am a huge fan of the silk screen on the back of the PCB, which is designed to look like trace routing.
Re-Drivers: I always like to see manufacturers improve on their signaling quality. MSI has done that on the Z270 XPower with multiple re-drivers that will ensure solid signal quality.
Pricey: The Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium is very pricey for a motherboard with a PLX chip. At over $300, it is a very premium motherboard, and you need to weigh if you need both the premium non-overclocking features and premium overclocking features.
The Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium is MSI's top dog overclocking motherboard, poised to be the pinnacle of high-end with features ranging from the consumer to the professional overclocker. The aesthetics, storage connectivity, and even the upgraded audio don't offer much to overclockers, but if you want to use the motherboard as a daily driver capable of sustaining your overclock for years, then a motherboard like this is warranted.
That being said, the price of the motherboard might be prohibitive to some buyers, especially if you aren't ever going to use many of the motherboard's overclocking features. However, many want to first dabble in overclocking and then move forward as they become more comfortable with it, and they might not want to buy another motherboard.
The Z270 XPower Titanium Gaming is perfect for those people and is definitely an excellent overclocking motherboard for professionals.
Product Summary Breakdown
|Performance (including Overclocking)||96%|
|Quality including Design and Build||93%|
|Bundle and Packaging||90%|
|Value for Money||88%|
|Overall TweakTown Rating||92%|
The Bottom Line: Loaded with more overclocking features than you can imagine and premium features and stunning aesthetics, MSI's Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium is the perfect motherboard for any level of overclocker.
PRICING: You can find the MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Motherboard for sale below. The prices listed are valid at the time of writing, but can change at any time. Click the link below to see real-time pricing for the best deal:
United States: The MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Motherboard retails for $330 at Amazon.
United Kingdom: The MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Motherboard retails for £340 at Amazon UK.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Overview]
- Page 3 [MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Anthem made $3.5 million in microtransactions
- Nintendo's top 10 best-selling Indie titles on the Switch
- Official Assassin's Creed III Remastered PC specs revealed
- Streamer beats 5 Soulsborne games with no hits by enemies
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Cuphead's should join the roster
- Logitech G903 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Icy Dock flexiDock MB524SP-B Review - 4x 2.5" SATA, 5.25 Bay
- ASUS Prime X-470 Pro very long POST / Windows boot time
- Logitech G603 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse Review
- Aorus master or stutter master?
- EVE: Aether Wars Successfully Achieves Groundbreaking 14,000-Ship Battle Live At GDC
- Stainless Games new IP, ShockRods, set to re-ignite arena combat genre with over-the-top action
- RIFT is Celebrating its 8th Anniversary! Update Gives Players New Expert Dungeon and a Colorful Carnival
- Ubisoft Announces The PC Specifications For Assassin's Creed III Remastered
- Life Is Strange 2 Episode 3 Release Date Announced