Packaging and Overview
ASRock's box design for its Z270 Gaming K6 is very similar to that of its other Z270 Fatal1ty motherboards. Packaging is also very similar; the motherboard sits in an anti-static foam tray inside an anti-static bag and accessories are individually wrapped.
The accessory package includes four SATA6Gb/s cables, SLI HB bridge, IO shield, M.2 screws, manuals, driver DVD, and ASRock case badge.
ASRock offers five fan headers, all of them can work in either PWM or DC mode. The two headers circled in blue can auto-detect whether they should be in PWM or DC mode. All headers but the one circled in yellow provide 1A output, but the header circled in yellow can provide 1.5A.
The motherboard has a little touch of red on the PCB silk screen, shields, and heat sinks to create a decent looking red and black aesthetic. There are RGB LEDs (default color is red) under the IO shield, audio shield, and under the PCH heat sink that you can configure with ASRock's AURA software. The rear of the motherboard is bare of major components except for a USB type-C switch and ASMedia quick switches for PCI-E lane switching.
The rear IO panel features a WIFI antenna bracket (if you want you can add in a WIFI card later), PS/2 keyboard/mouse, four USB 3.0 ports, VGA (D-SUB), DVI, HDMI, two 1Gbit Intel NICs, USB 3.1 type-A, USB 3.1 type-C, gold plated audio ports, and S/PDIF digital.
The PCI-E layout is designed so that the first and second full sized slots are connected to the CPU and can run x16/x0 or x8/x8. The last x16 slot is electrically x4 and is connected to the PCH. The x1 slots are also connected to the PCH. All PCI-E slots are PCI-E Gen 3. Two USB 3.0 internal headers are situated below the 24-pin power connector.
The motherboard features two M.2 slots. Both of the M.2 slots are x4 PCI-E 3.0 and support SATA mode. M.2 slot M2_1 shares bandwidth with SATA3_0 and SATA3_1 while M2_2 shares bandwidth with SATA3_4 and SATA3_5.
There are six SATA6Gb/s ports from the PCH, and ASRock added two more through an ASMedia SATA controller. The motherboard also features power and reset buttons.
Front panel connectors are located in the lower right-hand corner of the motherboard. A POST code display is located right above the COM header. Three USB 2.0 internal headers sit at the bottom edge of the motherboard adjacent to TB1 and TB2 headers.
An RGB LED header sits to the right of an XMP switch. A clear CMOS header is also provided, but there is no clear CMOS button. The CPU VRM heat sinks are connected by a heat pipe, and all heat sinks and shields use screws to attach to the motherboard.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- Page 1 [Introduction, Specifications, and Pricing]
- Page 2 [Packaging and Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Overview]
- Page 3 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis]
- Page 4 [ASRock Fatal1ty Z270 Gaming K6 Circuit Analysis Continued]
- Page 5 [BIOS and Software]
- Page 6 [Test System Setup]
- Page 7 [Overclocking]
- Page 8 [CPU, Memory, and System Benchmarks]
- Page 9 [System IO Benchmarks]
- Page 10 [Thermal Imaging and Power Consumption]
- Page 11 [What's Hot, What's Not & Final Thoughts]
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Nintendo discuss Metroid Prime 4/Yoshi/Pokemon progression
- Total War dev Creative Assembly working on tactical FPS
- NVIDIA Tensor Core GPUs power 5 out of 7 best supercomputers
- INSOMNIA: The Ark developers announce new jazzy soundtrack
- Forza Horizon 4 car list leaked, 90GB of pre-load available
- Swann NVR-8580 8-Channel 4K Security System Review
- اعطال صيانه تكييفات امريكول (01014723434) اصلاح امري
- GA-Z68AP-D3 rev 1.0, unable to access BIOS or load Win10
- Samsung 970 Pro 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe SSD Review
- AMD Vega 56 not being detected by Gigabyte Z68XP-UD4 motherboard
- Micron Launches Industry's First Enterprise SATA Solid State Drives Built on Leading 64-layer 3D NAND Technology
- Micron, Rambus, Northwest Logic and Avery Design to Deliver a Comprehensive GDDR6 Solution for Next-Generation Applications
- Toshiba Memory America Unveils UFS Devices Utilizing 64-Layer, 3D Flash Memory
- ASUS Announces GeForce GTX 1070 Ti Series Gaming Graphics Cards
- ASUS Announces ASUS Hangouts Meet Hardware Kit