Just because we go out and buy a reasonably expensive video card doesn't mean we don't want to tweak it, does it? Of course not!
Default speeds of the X850XT board is 540MHz core and 590MHz memory; effectively 1190MHz with the DDR factor figure in. Since this isn't all the board can do I decided to put it through its paces a bit to see how far we could go. Though I was able to crank the core up over 600MHz, I ended up with artifacts, so I backed it off to 586MHz. At this core setting I was able to easily complete all benchmarking tests and none showed any sign of glitches.
The memory, on the other hand, didn't do nearly as well. It is speed rated at 600MHz and that was the limit I could maintain without artifacts. It would operate at around 610MHz before crashing the system but the display was not free from errors.
To show some of the more recent tests, I'll include a few charts that give you the results from default to overclocked performance.
All tests run showed a marked improvement, and we all know that faster is better!
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Overwatch's new Paris map is now live on all platforms
- Huawei to unveil its next-gen P30 smartphone on March 26
- Apex Legends second patch arrives, fixes stability, crashes
- Samsung's foldable phone reportedly called Galaxy Fold
- Logitech reintroduces the MX518 gaming mouse for $60
- Far Cry New Dawn Benchmarked: 1080p, 1440p, 4K All Tested
- Supermicro C9Z390-CG-IW (Intel Z390) Motherboard Review
- BIOSTAR B450GT3 (AMD B450) Motherboard Review
- cpu internal ac/dc load line settings and undervolding?
- LG Innotek Begins Mass Production of 'ToF Module' for Smart Phones
- Puma And The Tetris Company Announce Partnership That Is Sure To Spark Nostalgia
- Embrace Your Dark Side - Daedalic Entertainment Announces New Tactical RPG Iratus: Lord of the Dead
- New Devespresso and Headup Collaboration: 'Vambrace: Cold Soul' Coming Soon to PC & Consoles
- Hadean Integrates Distributed Simulation Technology Powered By Microsoft Azure