Just because we go out and buy a reasonably expensive video card doesn't mean we don't want to tweak it, does it? Of course not!
Default speeds of the X850XT board is 540MHz core and 590MHz memory; effectively 1190MHz with the DDR factor figure in. Since this isn't all the board can do I decided to put it through its paces a bit to see how far we could go. Though I was able to crank the core up over 600MHz, I ended up with artifacts, so I backed it off to 586MHz. At this core setting I was able to easily complete all benchmarking tests and none showed any sign of glitches.
The memory, on the other hand, didn't do nearly as well. It is speed rated at 600MHz and that was the limit I could maintain without artifacts. It would operate at around 610MHz before crashing the system but the display was not free from errors.
To show some of the more recent tests, I'll include a few charts that give you the results from default to overclocked performance.
All tests run showed a marked improvement, and we all know that faster is better!
How much does it cost?
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
Recommended for You
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Mario/Zelda/Pokemon themed Smash Bros. Ultimate controllers
- Kingdom Hearts III Screenshots: Twilight Town/Olympus Worlds
- Zombie outfit/snapshot filters come to Super Mario Odyssey
- ZOTAC's new MEK ULTRA gaming rigs pack GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
- Blizzard to share 'some Diablo-related news at BlizzCon 2018
- x79 compatibility with NVNe
- ASRock X399M Taichi Stuck on Splash Screen
- HP EX920 SSD Review - Mainstream Perfection
- SIV Smart Fan 5 on X399 platforms ... a mess.
- Latest z370 taichi bios is not stable no matter what I do.
- OnDeck Launches ODX for Banks
- Adobe Announces Next Generation of Creative Cloud at MAX 2018
- Sharkoon PURE STEEL: Minimalist PC Case for High-End Hardware
- Xara Designer Pro X v16 has been released
- Endless Road: Indie roguelite card game now on Steam