Sound BlasterX Pro-Gaming SIEGE M04 Precision Gaming Mouse
Looking at the left side of the Siege M04, we have quite a bit to discuss. Near the front, we find the plastic is angled, but then smoothed out to a rounded shape as it passes over the pair of side buttons. Along the side, we find a Sniper button before we run into the rubber grip area applied to this side, sporting tiny triangles. Along the bottom edge, we see that there is a thin white strip, which raises up slightly, three-quarters of the way down the mouse, and this is part of the Aurora Reactive lighting system.
The view from the back of the mouse shows us that there is a slant to the right at the top of it and that the top half of the mouse carries a body line around it, will above where the LED backlit strip goes around. The lowest section is inset from the rest of the heel; the plastic is angled for a bit of flair to the shape.
The right side of the Siege M04 is similar to what we saw on the left, but there are a few changes. This side is slightly lower than the left, we see M04 painted onto the top on this side, and while the same rubber grip design is used, the area is much longer for better grip with the ring and pinky fingers. Also, as we expected, the thin white LED strip continues around until it reaches the front.
The main buttons on the Siege M04 are offset in length, as your second finger is longer than the first, and it only makes sense to extend it, so your hand does not overshoot the end of the mouse with a palm grip. The lighting is also carried around the front from both sides, but in the gap where the USB cable leaves the mouse, the lighting gets a break there.
On the top of the mouse, we find that the wide gap on the front is carried down the top, significantly separating the two main buttons. In the shiny plastic section, we find a scroll wheel which is highly segmented, it is rubber coated, and it is also brightly backlit. The three small dashes display which of the three DPI settings are in use and the button behind them is how you select the DPI profile.
The 1.8 meters of black braided cable is pretty standard and even terminates in a non-descript connection with a USB 2.0 connection that is not gold plated. We also notice that there is not a band of hook and loop so that when the need arises, we can't quickly tend to this cable when we want to take it with us on the go.
Under the mouse we find it to be supported with four PTFE feet, and each foot has a notch in the plastic to ease the removal of them. The eye of the Siege M04 is right in the middle, there is no product sticker found here, but we do see more tiny triangles which keep the styling on point, even in a place you will likely never see.
PRICING: You can find products similar to this one for sale below.
United States: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon's website.
United Kingdom: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon UK's website.
Canada: Find other tech and computer products like this over at Amazon Canada's website.
- We at TweakTown openly invite the companies who provide us with review samples / who are mentioned or discussed to express their opinion of our content. If any company representative wishes to respond, we will publish the response here.
Latest News Posts
- Visceral's Star Wars game was basically Star Wars Uncharted
- Resident Evil 2 supports ultrawide monitors
- Top 10 premium games of 2018 in revenue
- Path of Exile 2019 roadmap detailed
- Microsoft calls Project xCloud its 'Netflix for games'
- Administrators and moderators
- Gigabyte ga-b75-d3v rev 1.0
- EX58-UD5 w/ RX580 GPU: unexpected system shutdown when monitor sleeps
- Choosing best drivers for Z97-A
- Western Digital Black SN750 SSD Review
- Ubisoft's Rainbow Six Siege Coming To Belong Gaming Arenas
- Sunless Skies Leaves Early Access
- Space Justice Now Available For iOS And Android Devices
- Forge an Epic Team of Heroes in Forged Fantasy, Now Available From Hothead Games
- Kingdom Hearts III 'Share Your Heart Out' Campaign Spreads Love Across Social Media